Kronenbourg 1664 Blanc | Brasseries Kronenbourg

look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.83/5  rDev +10.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.43/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.44/5  rDev -1.1%

4.37/5  rDev +25.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.38/5  rDev -2.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

3.49/5  rDev +0.3%

3.72/5  rDev +6.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Appearance - Anyone who rated the looks badly doesnt know what a wit looks like because this is on point. It poured a hazy straw color with 3 fingers of bubbly white head, Carbonation seems pretty lively too.

Aroma - Lemon seems to be the most prominent smell here, then I get orange peel, coriander, some light mango, and a pale malt that I wouldnt call bready, more crackery, average smelling wit, its alright but nothing special.

Taste - Lemon and a very light orange peel are the most up front flavors here, it is a lemonade type lemon not overly sour. then theres some mango and melon, lots or coriander spicing up the back end, and some light pale malts.

Feel - This beer has a superlight watery body with sharp carbonation which gives it a real soda water feel to it. light and fizzy is where I think wits should be however I think it should have just a little less sharpness.

Overall - This is a very light beer with a sweet upfront taste and light spice on the end, I Think the sweet fruity flavors and light body give it a nice summertime appeal. I would enjoy this while sitting on a terasse on a sunny day in the middle of the city. Cheers!

4.04/5  rDev +16.1%

4.89/5  rDev +40.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

3.92/5  rDev +12.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

1.49/5  rDev -57.2%

3.5/5  rDev +0.6%

3.72/5  rDev +6.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

3.25/5  rDev -6.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.83/5  rDev +10.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.75

3.24/5  rDev -6.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

A good pint for a hot summer day. Put a slice of orange in it and it completely changed the experience (for the better). Personal tip - mix half & half with Somersby Apple Cider.

3.02/5  rDev -13.2%

3.57/5  rDev +2.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

4.15/5  rDev +19.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

4.04/5  rDev +16.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Bright yellow, very hazy. Poured aggressively and got a strong 2 finger head that lasted for a few minutes.

Smells very light, with most of the aroma being citrus. Lemon is not mentioned on the bottle but it is present in the aroma. Orange and coriander both present here as well.

Taste is as the smell suggests, with a light but very pleasant taste. The coriander is there. The orange is there. Perhaps even some banana. Very enjoyable. I can, and have, happily consumed at least a 6 pack of this in a night on more than one occasion.

Mouth feel and carbonation are spot on for the style.

I am originally from a small town in Northern Ontario with a very limited selection of good beer in the LCBO, but this has been a mainstay in the store for some time now. This is a repeat purchase for me whenever I return home. While this beer is more geared towards warmer weather, it is still a great winter or any time beer as well.

4.12/5  rDev +18.4%

L: A nice creamy centimeter of head formed after a vigorous pour, and retained itself for a few good minutes. The beer is a creamy straw color, with significant turbidity. The detailed lines of my fingers cannot be distinguished through my glass as I could with a crystal clear beer. This beer is nicely effervescent and bubbles nice and slowly. All and all, I was originally a bit off put by the turbidity, but seeing through that, I find that this beer is very well composed.
S: After pouring, I smelled the bottle. I initially was hit with a strong skunky smell that was quite pungent. This beer is packed with aromatics. Complex esters and fruity flavors shine through quite strongly. Again, I was off put originally by the strength of the aroma, but find that there is a lot going on here. The bottle label states that it has orange and coriander added to it, and they do take presence on the nose. If you're into beer with a bit of funk, this one will likely draw your interest.
T: This beer is quite sweet, and the coriander immediately appears. The flavor is quite floral, almost rosey. Tastes like I'm standing in a flower garden in the spring. There is a lot of complexity in the flavor, and I am very impressed. One thing I wasn't quite fond of is that glucose syrup was listed as an ingredient, but I find no offense with that after tasting.
F: Nice and lightly sticky-sweet. I really enjoy it.
O: Overall, I had very low expectations for this beer. I had never heard of it before, and thus had no previously biased opinion about it. I just tried it for the sake of trying something new. That said, I would definitely reach for this beer again if I were in the mood for a delicious summery beer.

3.46/5  rDev -0.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Kronenbourg 1664 Blanc from Brasseries Kronenbourg