Pocono Black Ghost Porter | Lion Brewery, Inc.

Awaiting More Ratings

Lion Brewery, Inc.
Pennsylvania, United States
lionbrewery.com

Style: American Porter

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 12-01-2003

Reviews by PhilMiller:
4.25/5  rDev +26.1%

3.06/5  rDev -9.2%

A deep and dark blackness stares at me. Thick and long-lasting tan-colored head leaves distinct rings around the glass. Aromas are very hard to detect. A bit of dark chocolate, some coffee, brown sugar. Flavor is more of the same, though nothing full-bodied or even very flavorful. Muted flavors of chocolate and coffee, with a bit of surgary caramel, ending with a dry finish. On the thin side as it pertains to mouthfeel. Nothing kept me reaching for this beer to down it. A downer for me.

3.23/5  rDev -4.2%

Appearance: Retired??? Just had me some at Pocono Brewing Company. Served in a 23oz chilled (egad!) glass. Nearly opaque with head just a shade lighter than brown.

Smell: Aroma of light roasted and sweet malts.

Taste: Mirrors smell. Sweet malts with a mild roasted quality. Crystal malts make an attempt to broaden the mouthfeel and add a little caramel quality. Also some sweet fruit notes here.

Mouthfeel: Thin for the style, IMO. Not quite as robust as I was hoping for.

Drinkability: Drinkable, but I was put off a little by the mouthfeel.

Overall: OK porter, certainly not the best I've had.

Pocono Black Ghost Porter from Lion Brewery, Inc.