Alternator Double Malt | Franconia Notch Brewing Company

4.8/5
Alströms:

Reviews by Puddleglum:
4.8/5  rDev 0%

I was honored to get a chance to sample this cask conditioned double bock at a real bender of a private event hosted by the brewer himself. I remember it as a beautiful amber to nut brown translucent bock with a nice head for a gravity tapping system and a spectacular malt flavor that coincided quite nicely with the malty finish, not to mention the more delicate malty top notes. Did I mention the malt? Actually there were plenty of overtones of coffee, brown sugar and even molasses and honey if my memory serves me well. Yum. I would pit this heavywieght against the Celebrator and all other challengers in the doppelbock class. It's only less than perfect quality would be that it is only as drinkable as a doppelbock with this high of an ABV can be which is not too terribly drinkable. But in retrospect perhaps two imperial pints will do quite nicely.

Alternator Double Malt from Franconia Notch Brewing Company