Pannepot Reserva | De Struise Brouwers

Style: Quadrupel (Quad)

Added by BeerAdvocate on 04-02-2007

Ratings: 1,148 |  Reviews: 383
4.56/5  rDev +7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

*11.2 oz. Bottle* (2008)
I've been wanting the Pannepot Reserva for a long time. Went to Max's seeing they had the Reserva 2009. I tried a sample and it was delicious! So I seen this little goober staring at me in the fridge. I said, "That bottle is definitely coming home with me today"! Well, enough of my chatter box, (Coffee is kicking in). Lets get down to business. I poured this liquid into my Chimay Chalice.... Yes that is my goto chalice while reviewing brews. This brew looks like the standard BSDA and or Quad. Dark murky brown body with sediment chunks floating around. Looks like I'm going to enjoy this! There was no frothy head to speak of just a nice light khaki lacing around the Chalice. Well, we know what's next. The aroma on this brew is very complex of Sherry notes. Toffee mingled with dark fruits hints of raisins and tart cherries. There is charred oak that gives off a smoked meat note. There was a subtle amount of spicy yeast character and hints of alcohol. Yes this smell is outrageous! Yup, now its time to sacrifice. This tastes like the nose details. Dark fruits and Sherry notes of toffee and hints of alcohol. Yet not offensive. There is a subtle touch of chocolate and mild vanilla that paves a way for a toasted nut finish. More vanilla in the aftertaste which I am a fan of! The flavor is very mellow yet takes your palate on a joy ride. The feel on this brew is Medium-light with soft velvety carbonation.

Overall: Bam! This beer packs some enjoyment factor for me. This beer so far is my highlight of 2014. I should go back to Max's and get the 2005 Vintage. This brew is delicate and still takes you on a joy ride like it stole your neighbor's car. Belgian Strong Ales are one of my favorite styles of beer, and then age it in Oak Barrels? Yes, Please! This brew is Recommended.

3.75/5  rDev -12%

4.41/5  rDev +3.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

On draft at the Holy Grale in Louisville, Kentucky.

Dark ruby red to brown appearance. The nose is of sweet plums and cherries. The taste is very strong with dark malts, figs, plums, dried cherries, and a little smoke. Very smooth for an old. Overall very nice. It's definitely recommended.

4.84/5  rDev +13.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Pannepot Reserva from De Struise Brouwers