Belle Gueule Brassin Des Fêtes | Brasseurs R.J.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Style: Bock

Added by Yoonisaykul on 11-25-2010

Reviews: 5 | Ratings: 13
3.37/5  rDev +10.1%

I'm not expecting much from this brewery. They make decent beers, but nothing more than that. They don't have a reputation of making extreme beer too.

Beer color is copper, somewhat dark. Very little head. Aroma is spicy with some caramel malt. Typical christmas ale smell. Stronger smell that others beers from this brewery. In the mouth, it taste malty (caramel malts) with a dry finish. I like this. Light notes of roasted malts too. No trace of spices here, which is a downside to me for a christmas beer. However, it is in line with a bock if you as me.

Medium body. Easy to drink. A day to day beer for winter times.

Cheers!

3.33/5  rDev +8.8%

341ml Bottle from Broue Haha QC for 1.99$+tax

Appearance - Reddish brown colour with an above average size fizzy and frothy beige head. There is an average amount of carbonation showing and there is some decent lacing. The head lasted for 4-5 minutes before it was gone.

Smell - Malts, dark fruits, caramel, all spice

Taste & Mouth - There is an average amount of carbonation and I can taste malts and some caramel. There is also some dark fruit flavour and a very light spiciness. It ends with a malty aftertaste.

Overall - Not a whole lot of taste going on.. kind of like a basic lager with some extra malts and a touch of spice. I expected more but that doesn't mean this is awful. It has a nice taste but nothing that warrants trying again.

3.33/5  rDev +8.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Belle Gueule Brassin Des Fêtes from Brasseurs R.J. I bought in a 15 packs for 15,99$

Look: Red, brown color. 1 finger of white head.

Smell: Caramel and spieces but very light

Taste: Malt with light Caramel

Feel: Watery and carbonation. The aftertaste is more pleasant with the caramel back but on the light side.

So overall would I recommend it ? Sure I mean this is a nice Winter beer. Need maybe some improvement like a higher ABV with more powerful flavor.

Bottle: Poured a light clear copper color bock with a small foamy head with OK retention. Aroma of dry caramel malt is not as intense as I would expect from a Christmas beer. Taste is also dominated by light dry caramel malt with minimal complexity. Body is not that full with good carbonation. More bland and boring then I would expect from a Christmas type beer.

2.81/5  rDev -8.2%

Was happy to see this beer for the first time a few weeks ago. Something new that might be good and not too expensive. A winter offering that might be perfect to bring to holiday gatherings and have family and friends taste something different.
Finally picked it up tonight.
Poured into an ordinary IKEA 17278.

A- Very clear caramel copper. You probably won't get too much head with this one but a nice layer remains throughout the serving. Very little lacing.

S- Caramel. Smells holiday-y. Not very strong though. I get cinnamon and nutmeg, not sure about anything else.

T- Taste like a slightly darker(burnt) malt, lightly spiced up Belle Gueule Pilsner. Watery. Very bad chemical bitterness which, even more than the wateriness, ruins it. Nutmeg burp which was a surprise considering how light tasting this is.

M- Medium but active carbonation. Very close to any other Belle Gueule. Doesn't feel watery like the taste does.

D- Decent I guess. Dirty after-taste but very light.
EDIT: I'm now having my fifth one of the night but I'm at the office, it's all I have and I'm really beer thirsty.

So yeah, I had high hopes for this one. If you like dirty macro beer but want some ''adventure'' this holiday season, go ahead and buy it, I recommend it. But if you want a real holiday treat... don't. It isn't really good. I'd rather drink a few good pilsners and a big winter warmer or two.

Don't think I'll be taking this to the relatives for the holidays.

Belle Gueule Brassin Des Fêtes from Brasseurs R.J.