Fallen Angel Belgian Dubbel | Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery

Style: Dubbel

Availability: Fall

Added by BeerBelcher on 01-26-2007

3.08/5  rDev 0%

I thought this beer was pretty tastey, but it did not seem true-to-style to me. Its flavor was chocolatey and coffee-ish and it was missing the wine-iness and full mouthfeel of a dubbel. Not a bad beer, but it struck me much more like a porter or a scotch ale than a dubbel.

Appearance was good...a medium amount of white head on a maybe 8 oz serving in a tulip glass.

Aroma was of a chocolate and caramel, with no hint of spiciness or sourness.

Flavor was good - rather chocolatey with a good caramel malt character, but not very consistent with its stated style.

Mouthfeel was a bit thin for dubbel, in my opinion.

A very drinkable beer, but not what I was expecting.

Fallen Angel Belgian Dubbel from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery