Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Love Belgian Beer?

Style: American Double / Imperial Pilsner

Added by feloniousmonk on 12-24-2008

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 2
4.05/5  rDev n/a

Picked up a growler after seeing CorporateJim throughly enjoying his mug. Saw it here several times in my last few visits, but was never in an Imperial Pils mood. Well, I'm getting in one now.

Clear, straw yellow, snow white head, a bit thin, but attractive.

Clean aromatics. Cereal grain smell overall, with light fruity esters.

Drink it: Smooth, zesty, zippy, light and drinkable. Nice and malty mouthfeel, but easy going all the way, just a bit thick with the grain. Nearly chewy. Plenty of hops to spank the tongue. Juicy. Nearly treacly and honeyish, while staying on the dry side.

Don't think I could have too many of these. Pilsners just aren't my preference, and I think I'd get too tipsy if I don't watch out. But, didn't I go and buy a growler, what was I thinking? Oh, heck, it's gonna be one of those nights, isn't it?

Imperial Pils from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.