Perpetual Burn

SCORE
n/a
Notes:
3.98/5  rDev 0%

Sampled after a few Noble Pils at an area b-dubs, but it's an Olympic kind of evening, so we're going for the gold!

Appearance - slightly hazed caramel/amber, maintains a thin cover for quite a long time, plenty of sticky lacing to boot.

Aroma - good grapefruit and pine, very fresh. Not the big caramel imprint I'd expect for a DIPA, but it's rich and delicious smelling.

Taste - plenty of good citrus, although I'm getting a little more abv feel tonight. The bitter and pithyness are plenty evident, but the ample citrus element provides good complexity. The swallow is pithy as well, bitter but not as drying as I'd expected. Breathy alcohol on the aftertaste, drying as well. Pushes the medicinal edge a little more than I'd like, which wasn't as noticeable in the pub as it is when I can sit and kind of study it. Despite, it is very fruity, citrusy and enjoyable.

Mouthfeel - thin for a DIPA but does show some decent smoothness and body.

Drinkability - with the growler in hand, I'll have to figure out a slice of time this weekend to polish this off. Good stuff, but more daunting than a singular pint on a snowy day.

Perpetual Burn from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery