White Ale

Wants
Gots
SCORE
Okay
Notes: For this award-winning witbier, we use coriander and orange peel instead of straight hops to impart a unique citrus spice over a slightly sour body. The technique stretches all the way back to Medieval time, and the orange and coriander gruit has become the standard identifier for a Belgian White.

Rock Bottom's award-winning White Ale is handcrafted on-site by each restaurant's expert brewmaster to his or her exacting tolerance and preference.
View: Beers
Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 45 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
zeff80 from Missouri

3.47/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

On tap. Poured a light gold color with a one finger, white head of bubbly foam. It smelled of coriander, lemon zest and some yeastiness. It tasted of lemon, wheat and spices.

Jan 02, 2015
Poakr from Ohio

3.47/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

I would agree that this is right down the line w/ the style. Having said that, it is a very drinkable beer! There isn't any one characteristic that overtakes it. Simple. Well balanced. If I had to say something negative, I would say it was a bit over carbonated.

Apr 26, 2014
KYGunner from Kentucky

3.5/5  rDev +5.1%

I went to the Rock Bottom in Cincinnati, though because it's a chain I am going to assume the beers carry over the same. I ordered a flight of six of their standard beers and as I tried each one I found that each was spot on to the style. The remarkable thing is how unremarkable the beers are. Don't get me wrong, they are well worth the try and certainly above average but they are produced for a mass market. So as lazy as it may be I am going to simply say that this beer was a text book example of the style without breaking out and setting itself above.

Mar 09, 2014
mothman from Minnesota

2.64/5  rDev -20.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

On tap on Cincinnati.

White head. Slight hazed pale yellow in color.

First sip of this beer and I get a lot of spice. Coriander and cloves. A decent amount of wheat. Orange peel. Hint of lemon zest.

Mouthfeel: dry and crisp. Lighter bodied.

Overall, this was a fairly boring Belgian beer. Way to dry. Not very much flavor.

May 04, 2013