Gordon Biersch Strong Stout | Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant

Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant
United States
gordonbiersch.com

Style: American Double / Imperial Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by fountainofyouth on 03-10-2012

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 4
4.7/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Sampled in a 4 oz. glass at RFD in Washington. The bartenders tell me this was a limited brew for a dark ale tasting. It's being served in 10 oz. glasses, so I think it's safe to assume it falls under Double Stout rather than American Stout.

Appearance: Even in my sampler glass, dark as night. Solid lacing from the khaki head.

Smell: Fairly strong hints of chocolate and roasted grain. No apparent hops. Smoky.

Taste: Fantastic! A wonderfully rich but not overpowering blend of smoke, chocolate, and barley and a tiny hint of earthy hops slides in perfectly at the end. This was really superb.

Mouthfeel: Fairly thick, medium-bodied with light carbonation.

Overall: What a wonderful way for Gordon Biersch to try a non-German style of beer! I doubt I'll ever get to try this again, but I really hope I do!

Gordon Biersch Strong Stout from Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant