Blueberry Hill | John Harvard's Brew House

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by DarkerTheBetter on 05-14-2006

Reviews by WonderWoman:
4.52/5  rDev 0%

Blueberry Fields has a gentle red hue to the appearance and has a slight bubbly head that exited soon after it was poured. It has the smell of fresh baked blueberry pie. The flavor reminded me of nibbling the pie filling of a fresh baked blueberry pie with an intense juicy blast as it is swallowed. I anticipated it would sit heavy in my mouth, but surprisingly it was pleasantly thin. I can see myself sitting on the porch on a lovely summer day drinking this beer.

4.39/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Says here this beer was brewed with 100 lbs. of blueberries. This should be interesting.

It pours a cherry amber with some hints of purple and no head at all.

Smells of fresh wild blueberries with a leafy green dryness to it.

Tastes initially of cream but then takes on an awesome, wholesome (not out of a can) blueberry. In the finish, a little brown sugar and bread dough make them selves known and the blueberry fades to a dry tartness. At first, I didn’t like this change very much until I realized how crisp and clean the tart change made this beer.

The mouth feel is light and silky with a tiny carbonation that worked very well with the tart character of the blueberry.

This is an awesome summer beer. I can picture myself watching a base ball game sippin’ on a growler of this, easily.

Blueberry Hill from John Harvard's Brew House