Yeti Imperial Stout | Great Divide Brewing Company

Great Divide Brewing Company
Colorado, United States
greatdivide.com

Style: Russian Imperial Stout

An onslaught of the senses. It starts with big, roasty malt flavor that gives way to rich caramel and toffee notes. YETI gets its bold hop character from an enormous quantity of American hops.

Added by cokes on 08-09-2003

Ratings: 5,442 |  Reviews: 1,790
4.75/5  rDev +12.6%

4.75/5  rDev +12.6%

3.75/5  rDev -11.1%

4.5/5  rDev +6.6%

4.45/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

12oz bottle dated " FEB 06 2012," poured into a goblet.

Pours a deep, dark chocolate brown, almost black. Very thick, small, mocha head, no lace.

Chocolate, plum, booze, cherry and slight pine make up the smell.

Dark chocolate, with a hint of orange starts this beast off. Dark fruit and roasted malts follow, toffee and alcohol. It has a nice chocolate finish. Thick, but smooth going down.

I honestly love this simple, drinkable, rich Imperial Stout. A solid, ageable beer, need more.

4.61/5  rDev +9.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Bottled Jul 30 2012. Happy Birthday to this Yeti-time to git you into my belly! Ironically I just pulled this out the fridge-I'll splain later.

Very deep brown, a one inch mocha head with large bubbles. Head recedes to the edges with a wispy top.

Aromas of espresso grounds, chocolate covered raisins, sweet malt/toffees/caramels. The alcohol notes bring to mind dark sugarcane rum with the lower alcohol content the islands used to produce locally-not shipped to the U.S..

I gotta start with the back end because the front is so complex. Bitter black coffee, of course hops related with roasted grain. 70% dark cocoa bark with sweet malt. The balance is nothing short of superb.

Very rich mouthfeel; like cold dark creamy coffee with juz 'nuff carbonation. Lips are sticky from the sugars. I really enjoyed at a chilled temp.. Pert perfecto para mi.

I bought this last year- was not impressed and left a few in the fridge. Now I know this carries spectacular ratings and I wanted to give this some time before I dissed it. I felt when young, this was very chalky and way too bitter. Exactly one year has passed and this still has enough hop strength carrying over to balance with the malt sweetness to make just short of a perfect Imperial Stout. I have an Oak Aged raring to go on one year also. This is a brew for me that keeps it interesting and teaches me not to be too judgmental when it comes to Imperial Stouts. Bottom line, age this, experiment, and enjoy! Chewy enough to say 'Bon Appetite'!

4.5/5  rDev +6.6%