Yeti Imperial Stout | Great Divide Brewing Company

Great Divide Brewing Company
Colorado, United States
greatdivide.com

Style: Russian Imperial Stout

An onslaught of the senses. It starts with big, roasty malt flavor that gives way to rich caramel and toffee notes. YETI gets its bold hop character from an enormous quantity of American hops.

Added by cokes on 08-09-2003

Ratings: 5,423 |  Reviews: 1,787

4.02/5  rDev -4.7%

4.22/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

4.77/5  rDev +13%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

650ml bottle poured between my love and I into our favorite tulips. Rich, black beer with a big, foamy brown head. Webby lacing sticks to the glass as the impressive head receeds. Fantastic roasted smell directly from the glass, chocolate and toffee - the bottle smells even better.

A roasted, chocolate beer with a creamy texture - touching all the bases I wanted and then some. Malts take the forefront with a coffee-like roast to them, but the beer sports a surprisingly easy-drinking character in the wash, accentuated by the unoffensive addition of a healthy serving of hops. A little bit of alcohol detected. Overall a smooth, creamy taste is all that's left before I start drvouring my jalapeƱo hummus pizza (hey, it's Cinco de Mayo, and I'm not into tequila).

Very impressive beer by Great Divide again! Here in Beaumont, TX, we pretty much only have Titan and Yeti available, and Yeti is only available in the 1 pint, 6 oz bottles. This is a bucket list brewery for my baby and I, they have done nothing but provided top notch brews for us. Count this is a winner amongst stouts and a very, very worthwhile brew.

4.94/5  rDev +17.1%

Dark opaque brown body, you can tell how dense this beer is by simply swirling the glass. The smell is lighter than expected, lightly roasted, chocolate syrup stout smell. The texture stands out most in this beer, it takes me back to my childhood when my mother used to bring me to "Gary's Cafe" for the creamiest hot cocoa with sugary buttered grits. There is something incredible in beers that make you melt with one sip, this is one of them, and the reason I drink beer. Roasty, caramel, toffee, are all words typically used to describe beer in this style, but The YETI is an experience all in it's own. So much respect for Great Divide, I have been wanting to try this one for a while and it has out done itself.

4.16/5  rDev -1.4%

4.06/5  rDev -3.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.05/5  rDev -4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

4.02/5  rDev -4.7%

4.14/5  rDev -1.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

12oz bottle into Libbey Tulip
From The Cellar
Bottled on 3/2/16 13 months old
L- pours a thick, viscous, motor oil black, with an awesome dark brown head and lacing
S- roasty chocolate notes, along with toffee and raisins
T- extremely rich roasted malt, chocolate, dark fruit, with a gorgeous smoky finish
F- full-bodied, nicely carbonated
Overall this is a doozy of an Imperial Stout, really knocking my socks off with the roasti-ness, and overall well balanced flavor

4.83/5  rDev +14.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 5

4.58/5  rDev +8.5%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

4.18/5  rDev -0.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.99/5  rDev -5.5%

4.35/5  rDev +3.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.31/5  rDev +2.1%

Look: This is a sexy looking beer the head is big coming out to at least two fingers and the lacing makes it's all the better looking as you drink it.
Smell: Hops lots of hop up front which I wasn't looking forward to having in an imperial stout but the IBU's are pretty high so it makes sense I guess. Other than the hops there is a coffee smell and a faint hint of chocolate as well.
Taste: The hops that you smell come through in this and add a bitterness to it but the hop taste fades and in comes the coffee and roasted malt followed by a sweetness at the back end to finish out a nice tasting beer.
Mouthfeel: Pretty thick but not as thick as some of the other ones I've tried. Pretty much what you would expect from an imperial stout.
Overall this is a very solid stout the only thing that I was the biggest fan of was the massive amount of hops used in it. Still a very good beer and I would definitely buy this again.

4.48/5  rDev +6.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Lovely lacing. Nose of 70% dark chocolate, light roasty, candied raspberry. Palate of quite roast, bitter chocolate, coffee. Bitter finish. Very little evidence of alcohol. Light, silky mouthfeel. Super creamy and foamy when swished. Delicious but not mind blowing. 92/100.

4.1/5  rDev -2.8%

Had this by mistake when searching out the Yeti on the "1001." After I recognized my mistake, I lost my notes.
I will have to wait for another day.

4.07/5  rDev -3.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Pours outer-space-ether-black-hole-black, black as black can be in a beer. Oddly, a citrus note the aroma, even though a stout. Sublime overall.

4.06/5  rDev -3.8%

4.07/5  rDev -3.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

3.96/5  rDev -6.2%

3.29/5  rDev -22%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.25

Pours opaque thick black with a beautiful dark tan head with good retention and lacing. Smell is not overkill, pretty simple with brunt malt and roasted dark espresso beans. All this heralds great things to come. It has a rich creamy mouth feel. The problem for me is the taste which is heavily toasted burnt malts that creates an overpowering bitterness that prevented me from enjoying the other notes. There is a little bit of alcohol, a touch of unsweetened chocolate and more than a hint of espresso, but I felt it was out of balance. The finish was a strong lingering bitterness, like when you eat something charred that lingers in your throat. I kept taking another sip to wash it out, and so the cycle continued. Everything was stellar.... except the taste.

Yeti Imperial Stout from Great Divide Brewing Company