Hercules Double IPA | Great Divide Brewing Company

greatdivide.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Added by filabrazilia on 04-11-2004

Ratings: 4,169 |  Reviews: 1,585

a= Pours a copper orange hue with some haziness
thin white head

s= The smell is very sweet, orange citrus honeysuckle sweet flower aroma.

t= refreshing, and crisp on the palate leads up to the toasted malt which gives way to the intense hoppiness a little zip zap zing that i love dry-sweet hop eruption.

m= The mouth is left somewhat spectacular, but not overly dry, very smooth throughout. outstanding

dynamite drinkable brew.

Updated review: 07-14-2015

I'm not sure if it's the fact that I broke my squat 5RM, I'm not sure if it's the fact that I went directly to the store after the gym to buy some groceries, and I'm not sure if it's the fact that WinCo in Southern California of all fucking places had Hercules Double IPA that was bottled two weeks ago for $7 a bomber but I know for a fact that what I just drank was magical. I felt like Hercules after the gym and I still feel like Hercules after drinking this beer.

Pours an opaque golden brown color. It's a very pretty beer, like goddamn. The smell does not live up to the taste, if anything the smell is this beers weakest point. The taste, my goodness the taste. An initial modest toasty malt flavor that is immediately overpowered by a Ronnie Coleman made of hops. Starts nice, ends bitter. This is a thick DIPA, it definitely lives up the name of Hercules with a whopping 10% ABV and a hop forward taste. This is in my top 5 favorite DIPAs. This beer is excellent and is very deserving of the world class rating.

Hercules Double IPA from Great Divide Brewing Company