Espresso Oak Aged Yeti / Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout Blend | Great Divide Brewing Company

Great Divide Brewing Company

firstprev| 51-75 | 76-100 | 101-125  | next → last

4.5/5  rDev +3.9%

4.5/5  rDev +3.9%

4.06/5  rDev -6.2%

I tried the Espresso Oak Aged Yeti. I noted that I could smell something! Usually I can't, my sense of smell is weak. I picked up coffee right away (but nothing else). The beer is dark and nearly opaque, and nice coffee colored head. I can taste roasted grains, coffee, and a little bit of vanilla in there. There's a creamy feel to the beer, like they used a little lactose in it. There is a bit of a burn. This is a sipping beer, and I would not drink a lot of it in a single sitting.

3.75/5  rDev -13.4%

4.7/5  rDev +8.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I'm quite a fan of coffee beers and this is a great example of one. Pours thick and creamy with a crazy dark chocolate colored head. Notes of oak and dark malts dominate the nose of this beer with hints of dark fruits in the background. The taste is amazing, its got a nice vanilla like quality that is subtle but really helps bring the beer together. Major flavors include caramel, coffee, chocolate, and oak. This was one of my favorite beers of the night and i will try it again if it doesn't run out before i get back there.

firstprev| 51-75 | 76-100 | 101-125  | next → last
Espresso Oak Aged Yeti / Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout Blend from Great Divide Brewing Company