Espresso Oak Aged Yeti / Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout Blend | Great Divide Brewing Company

Liked This Beer

4.32/5
Alströms:

4.75/5  rDev +10%

4.02/5  rDev -6.9%

A - this is one hell of a beer in terms of appearance. It pours like a quart of motor oil, viscous and jet black. The thick, creamy head holds forever and the color is fantastic -- a deep brown with copper notes. A very complex looking brew.

S - Charred oak dominates the scent. Secondary to this robust feature are notes of dark roasted espresso, darkened chocolate (over 72%, I'm sure), and an abrasive wave of smoke that coats the palate. I founit was a bit much, but I liked the brew more and more the deeper I got into the bottle.

T - Of course, the barrels are the main players here. I found the smoke to linger a bit too long, and it enhances the flavor of the charred oak. At first, I thought it was a bit much, but I liked the brew more and more the deeper I got into the bottle. This is an extremely tough beer, and it'll knock your socks off if you're faint of heart.

M - Lightly carbonated and oily beneath the bubbles. This is my favorite aspect of the brew.

O - This is an abrasive, robust, in-your-face beer -- one that deserves some respect for sure. I think it is a little tough to get into, but the payoff is pretty high. This is one hell of an adventure of a beer.

3.5/5  rDev -19%

4.79/5  rDev +10.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I am starting to really enjoy coffee/espresso aged beers. This is definitely one of the better ones I've had next to Prairie Bomb. Great taste and flavor. Definitely get hints of coffee and vanilla throughout and I like the thicker texture. If you enjoy the coffee beers like I do then this is one for you to try.

3.75/5  rDev -13.2%

3.75/5  rDev -13.2%

4.75/5  rDev +10%

4.25/5  rDev -1.6%

Espresso Oak Aged Yeti / Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout Blend from Great Divide Brewing Company
Beer rating: 94.6% out of 100 with 111 ratings