Burton Bridge Tree Cheers | Burton Bridge Brewery

Availability: Spring

Added by wl0307 on 05-03-2005

Reviews by wl0307:
3.26/5  rDev 0%

Tasted this beer by half-pint at the mini-festival of the Lower Red Lion Inn in St. Albans on 29/04/05. It was the second beer I tasted.

Appearance: served in a straight half-pint glass, the colour is pale amber, with a quite lasting white beerhead and very restrained carbonation. Looks not bad at all for a standard British bitter.
Smell: the notes of hay and dry nuts are intertwined and some other elements are hardly identifiable (perhaps due to my lack of imagination...).
Taste and after taste: at first I sensed a kind of conflicting hoppyness attacked my taste buds...(not very fresh it was?), then mixed with smooth/mild, nutty maltiness; dryish mouthfeel in the aftertaste, and some faint taste of dates very slowly let itself revealed.
Overall: not bad in terms of taste, but the body is a bit too simple and rather thin; I would go for just a half.

Burton Bridge Tree Cheers from Burton Bridge Brewery