Pineapple Juice Beer | Yanjing Pijiu (Guilin Liquan) Gufen Youxian Gongsi

Added by coastiefish on 07-28-2011

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 6
Reviews by coastiefish:
2.5/5  rDev -11%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Labeled as a "Juice Beer" I took it for what it is. It is in no way offensive, but in no regard, just a beer.

This tastes like a Shandy, which is beer mixed with citrus flavored soda.

It is sweeter than I would like this type of beverage to taste, as I do like a Shandy or Radler on very hot days (especially when doing yardwork in the mid day sun!)

I gave it an even down the line 2.5 for what it is. I was not unimpressed, becuase other than home made drinks of the kind I have nothing to compare it to. Further, I know little about this brewer and what it was trying to accomplish. Maybe this is exactly what they want out of the stlye, and so they nailed it? I have not the slightest clue about the popularity of this beverage in its native land.

I was lucky to have experienced it, my brother brought me back 2 cans from his trip to China. I happen to love pineapple. While I would rather mix the beer (lager or IPA) and fruit juice (lemonade is a favorite) myself, this was a great experience, for what it is worth.

3.49/5  rDev +24.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Tried this one while traveling in Hong Kong. Poured from an 11.2 oz. can. Has a very pale yellow color with a 1 inch head. Smell is bursting with fresh pineapples. Taste is strong on pineapple, some carbonation, easy drinking but not overly beer like. Feels light in the mouth and overall is worth a shot as something unique.

2.25/5  rDev -19.9%

Awful just awful

Pineapple Juice Beer from Yanjing Pijiu (Guilin Liquan) Gufen Youxian Gongsi
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.