Red Water | Crow Peak Brewing

15%

Reviews by LXIXME:
3.5/5  rDev -7.9%

3.92/5  rDev +3.2%

Poured from a 12 oz. can into a pint glass.
A pretty deep red into the glass with about three fingers of a light tan head that quickly dissipates to flecks of lingering foam.
The aroma is rich and malty with some toffee, biscuit and a hint of caramel.
The taste is very nice, with the malt up front. Some toffee, caramel, fresh bread, maybe a little, pleasant burnt roastiness as well. It's followed up with a nice bittering and lingering, dry bitterness.
The mouthfeel is nice with some bubbly carbonation and a pleasant smoothness.
Overall, a very nice red ale that I hope they make again next year.

3.29/5  rDev -13.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.6/5  rDev -5.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

The appearance was an amber to red colored body with a quick dropping one fingered head that levels out practically immediately - whoah, weird, but ok, no worries, for the most part. The smell was a roasty sort of carmel-ish maltiness coming through on my nose. The taste was sweet and roasty with a decent caramel malty aftertaste and a dry finish. On the palate, it sat about a light to medium, and could be somewhat sessionable to the palate and almost a decent beer to have with food. Overall, hmmm...could this be a beer with food, I think so, not bad, and worthy of having again.

3.75/5  rDev -1.3%

3.54/5  rDev -6.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.75/5  rDev -1.3%

4.16/5  rDev +9.5%

Had this on tap last night, going from memory. I was chatting with a friend so I didn't really "sample" it, but eventually I'll get around to a proper review as I will be buying this again.

The appearance was dark mahogany in color, mostly opaque.

The aroma was of roasted grains, plum, yeast, bread, and light hops.

The flavor was very very good. It had a great breadiness, some great hop action - but only to add sharpness, not bitternesss - and some woody notes in there too.

Feel was medium bodied and appropriately carbonated.

This beer was one of the best ambers I've ever had to date. I'll be buying a six pack in the near future. (I may not be doing any reviews for awhile as I have a slight medical issue with candida yeast in my GI tract that needs to be addressed. I need to starve my "parasite" for a month so therefore beer is off the table. :-( )

4.41/5  rDev +16.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.73/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

2.75/5  rDev -27.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.5/5  rDev -7.9%