Lemon Ale | Hollister Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Hollister Brewing Co.
hollisterbrewco.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by JayTheFinn on 10-25-2007

2.75/5  rDev -17.7%

3.28/5  rDev -1.8%

On tap at the brewpub. Slightly hazy yellow with a white head. Lemon and ginger aroma. The flavor has a lot of sweet lemon, almost like a lemon grass tea, with a spicy ginger kick. Light and crisp body. Underlying wheat snappiness keeps this in beer territory, but the lemon is dominant. Actually better than I expected, but I would have trouble putting down more than one of these. Rerate: Another pint at the brewpub. I picked up way more spicy ginger this time. Dry, without much lemon sweetness. The yeast could be adding to the spice here too, in a Belgian sort of way. Should probably be called ginger ale. Alright, but I was definitely done after a pint.

3.7/5  rDev +10.8%

Had one of these for the first time tonight while watching game 1 of the world series (Go Sox!). The Lemon Ale is basically a hefeweizen with a ton of lemon flavor. It's actually more juicy tasting than beer tasting. My wife, who loves her hefes with a lemon wedge, declared the Lemon Ale to be a bit too sweet and juicy for her tastes. I liked it alright myself. A bit of corriander added a nice kick of spiciness. Overall I think this would be a great beer for someone who's more into lambics or say if they don't like a strong "beer" flavor in their beer.

Lemon Ale from Hollister Brewing Co.