Big Box Brown | Hollister Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

3.2

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

4.16/5  rDev +30%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

3.13/5  rDev -2.2%

On tap at Hollister 2/5/10.

Pours a clear brown with beige head and decent retention.

Aroma is nutty and caramelly like a brown ale should be. A hint of something strange in the neighborhood, I mean background, throws me off. Can't figure out what it is but its spicy.

In the flavor I catch a bit more of that spiciness. It tastes like cinnamon; now I'm confused. It also has the other characteristics of a brown ale like toffee, nuts, and a hint of roast. There is enough bitterness that I'm classifying this as an American Brown Ale.

Light/medium body (correct for style) but the strange flavors ruin its drinkability.

3.25/5  rDev +1.6%

Big Box Brown from Hollister Brewing Co.