No Collusion

Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Notes: This ain't no witchhunt, just an interrogation of ingredients assembled for a common goal. It's big, bold, and great. Imperial to say the least.
3.78/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Pours a rich walnut/mahogany brown with a robust coffee colored head the rises up well over the rim of the glass, holds it's shape and settles into a nice stable finger wide cap of foam.
Nose is muted roasted malt and charred wood. nothing especially prominent
Taste is mellow and oaky with a lot of chocolate malt and other milder malt flavors. Has flavors like a brown ale or porter, not nearly as aggressive or bitter as I would expect from the strength and style (or the 100 IBU claimed on the label). Drinking at about cellar temperature and it's just a very soft malty flavor that dominates.
Mouthfeel is smooth but thin for the style. It's not watery but there's not a lot here, again it feels like a porter or a brown ale or a stout like guiness. Not like a 10% russian imperial stout. I guess that's impressive? not sure
Overall I'm enjoying it more as I sip into it (common characteristic for strong brews maybe?) but it's not what I expected at all. It's a very mellow drink for such a strong beer. That's impressive in it's own way but I must admit that I don't crack open a 10% RIS for a light flavored easy drinker so I'm a little torn.

No Collusion from Double Mountain Brewery & Taproom