Landshark Lager

Reviews: 541 | Ratings: 2,023 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
KLHBB from Colorado

3.29/5  rDev +25.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Served in its bottle with a lime. Golden yellow, the smell and taste is dominated by the lime. Light, refreshing, fine. Good session summer beer.

Sep 21, 2020
Cylinsier from Pennsylvania

3.29/5  rDev +25.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

12 oz bottle

Pours clear golden. Sugar white film for a head.

Smells of cereal malts and corn.

Tastes like cereal malts and corn sugar.

Light body, tingly carbonation.

Somehow I have never actually reviewed this despite drinking it on occasion for years and years. I guess I just assumed I had and never checked until now. It's fine. Not good or bad, just fine. Wouldn't turn a bucket of these down on the beach on a hot day for the right price.

Aug 03, 2020
ZenAgnostic from Texas

4.26/5  rDev +62%

12oz bottle poured into Duvel tulip. 20167 printed in small black rectangle on bottom of back label. Maybe that means July 16 2020? If so this bottle either either 2 weeks old or went past its date 2 weeks ago.

Appearance - Perfectly clear light gold body with good carbonation. Pours small white head with good retention, great lacing and stick. Dense fine plumes of carbonation form throughout the beer when even even a gentle swirl. 5

Smell - Mealy, malty corn. And noticeable alcohol. 4

Taste - Mealy, malty corn. Surprisingly noticeable alcohol. Mild but for the style a surprisingly bitter hop coming through. 4.25

Mouthfeel - Medium bodied. The tight gives some chewiness. Slightly effervescent. Faint astringency in the finish, maybe it's only negative trait. 4

Overall - Judging by now nice this beer is, for its style anyway, I'm going to guess that the back label is the born on date and not the best by? Almost no off characters. Not really a fan of the style, but since I'm rating within style it's pretty great. 4.5

Jul 30, 2020
Dingbat88 from Louisiana

This is my absolute favorite beer. It has a great taste without being too heavy. Perfect for parties or outdoor functions. It might seem like something obvious, but Jimmy Buffet knows his alcohol.

Jul 17, 2020
OK_Denise from Oklahoma

2.67/5  rDev +1.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Meh, nothing special about this beer at all. Not horrible, but just does not have enough flavor, body, or finish to be something that I would want to drink more of. Would I turn down a free one on a hot day...no! Would I walk any distance to buy one....no!

Jul 10, 2020
dapatriot1 from New York

4.75/5  rDev +80.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Lite golden color with a lite head. Nice, refreshing and light.. you just have to love how refreshing it is Ice Cold. I am not a fan of drinking something heavy in the sun. This is perfect for the beach, ,the sand, the islands or just laying in your yard during the summer.
one of my favorite summer beers

Jul 07, 2020
mikeinportc from New York

3.25/5  rDev +23.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Clear gold, with very quickly-dissipating white head . (I THINK there was some head on it. My blinks were too long, so I missed much of whatever it was. ;) )

Smell is sweet grain , and that's about it. Helles-like, but minus any noble hop aromas.

Taste is similar to aroma , with some mild, drying bitterness at finish. Finish is fairly clean , with, thankfully, none of the "licking-cardboard" sensation I often get with beers of this ilk.

Feel is light , and smooth, as might be expected, with moderate soft carbonation.

Overall, it ain't half-bad. There are others I'd prefer, but this would do, and not be unwelcome, on a hot summer evening (such as tonight ;) ) .

Jul 04, 2020
realJohnnyHobo from Maryland

3.06/5  rDev +16.3%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Wasted away again in Margaritaville could easily and responsibly be done drinking this medium-bodied American example of a Caribbean style adjunct lager, as this one goes down smooth with an inoffensive flavor profile. Pouring from a 12 fl oz clear glass, no signs of skunking in the head or smell, and has a quickly dissipating off-white head.

In short, this reminds me of a hybrid of Corona Extra and Modelo Especial with a Carib sweetness and caramel malt.

One of the first things I noticed when sampling was a similar cane sugar like adjunct notes found in beers like Craib or Red Stripe. Tasting notes include a cane like sugar, flaked corn maize, mild hops similar to the Galena variety found in Corona Extra, and a mild yeasty note; but, this is more sweet than bready. There is a 2-row caramel malt note too.

Made by ABInBev part of me wonders if they took an American take from their Grupo Modelo ownership and applied some traditional Central American brewing flavors to create this beer. Overall this is average, could be a bit offensive to someone who isn't open to the style or expects something more 'lager' like BMC but I think Parrot Heads flock to it because of the Hotel chain and Jimmy Buffet connections. I have paired this at the now-defunct Margaritaville restaurants (at least in my region) and this pairs well with fish tacos, burgers with cheese and bacon, and fried foods.

May 12, 2020
Gajo74 from New York

2.82/5  rDev +7.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

I must confess that I purchased this mostly to marinate bbq, as well as the curiosity factor. Out of the 20oz can, I used half for cooking and drank the other half.

It pours a very clear pale straw color and shoes visible carbonation. A large foam head quickly dissipates.

The nose opens with lots of corn adjunct, not my ideal, but not too off putting. Then, faint aromas of grainy and bready malt develop, along with a hint of green apples and lemony hops. Overall, it’s not the best smelling brew, however, it’s not offensive.

Light bodied and crisp with a watery finish . The lively carbonation is nevertheless not too fizzy as other commercial lagers tend to be. The taste is very clean, watery and mostly nondescript; this is basically something to drink cold and when you’re thirsty. Some of the tasting notes include grainy, crispy and clean cracker malt, not particularly sweet, and a mildly spicy and lemony hops profile with very modest bitterness.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by this one. Despite its mostly bland and watery flavor, it does have some drinkability to it. I could arguably even drink another one, something I tend not to want to do with most macro adjunct lagers.

May 02, 2020
BeenThereTX

Always such a disappointment with poor quality ingredients. I hadn’t had one in a while and while at a party recently thought I would give it another try. I couldn’t even finish it. I expected better.

Mar 13, 2020
Jake15

So first off I would like to say I've never enjoyed a beer as much as Landshark. If it's an option I'm drinking that. However it's not so easy to find. None of the local restaurants carry it and it's never consistent to where I find it in either beer stores, liquor stores, or grocery stores. I should state I only drink bottled beer. Also what's with the T-shirts only being for 300 lbs guys haha. I have two that I cant wear. I'm a medium fit kind of guy. The socks are awesome though. Keep making it awesome. Just make it more available and market it to some smaller guys too. Cheers

Jan 31, 2020
BoiseBoiseBop from Texas

1.18/5  rDev -55.1%
look: 1 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Why? It wasn't fresh. Wait , I,m gonna slam another ...maybe it has just a ants nut hair more hop overtones than a Mexican beer ...they were out of Firemans or even Firemans light (which are both not bad IMO) at the convenience store and too busy to go the the grocery store..
No way in hell I'd ever waste my money on this insipid concoction again, it has that predominant taste of a friggin, Old Milwuakee non alcoholic beer. Damn it, I wasted my money, but I was looking for something lighter than an IPA and with more hoppiness than most Mexican beers they sell here and something with more character than the swill I'd throw down ice cold on a hot day , like maybe 12oz. cans of Natty Light ( which woulda been a better choice)...I mean, I'm drinking it, its better than a poke in the butt with a sharp stick, but ain,t it a terrible thing to spend 10 bucks on a six pack and not really enjoy it much?
This shizzle is bad, I mean, maybe if I was a horse in hell or something. It does have alky-hol ( 4.8%) at effin' least.

EDIT- the trick too making this beer OK is to slam it fast at 32.1 degrees. Its quite a bit better and I do get a smidgeon more hops note ; that non alcoholic malty beer taste isn't quite as noticable, and I'm too buzzed to GAF anyway now, and enjoying it more than I would have a Natty Light -at least today-and would rate it 2.25 to a very generous 2.5 at this juncture.
Oh how I long for those days about 15 years ago when I could get Red Stripe for 6.99 a six pack here when it was still brewed in Kingston...they are killing beers all over hell( like what Lagunitas did to the Bristish beer). Hell, even Lonestar used to have a bot of character before Pabst murdered it.

Nov 27, 2019
CodyBasden from Texas

2.7/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Clear gold fizzy little bit of lacing and small white head, small yeasty smell with tiny bits of floral hops, almost like water when it first goes in not a real taste until you put the glass down and then u get hit with a very bready taste, light body low carbonation

Nov 16, 2019
ThrewRedButter from Massachusetts

2.83/5  rDev +7.6%

Pee Yellow color, transparent body

S - Typical wet grain and hay.

T - Some sweetness from the malts

F - Thinned out

O - Caramel malts add sweetness that keep it from being a standard BMC beer

Sep 28, 2019
defunksta from North Dakota

4.02/5  rDev +52.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Appearance: Pours a bright, yellow-golden color with a moderate, fizzy, white head. SRM of 8. Pretty standard. (3.75)

Aroma: Strong aromas of lemon, honey, creamed corn. Light grass. Then a fresh baked bread malt presence. (4.25)

Flavor: Less flavor than the nose. But again more lemon, honey with a little bit of corn and grassy notes. Finishes with a nice honey and fresh baked bread sweetness. (4.00)

Feel: Slightly heavier bodied and creamy, but only relatively for the style. Still crisp, smooth, and clean. Decent carbonation. Finishes with a slight honey sweetness on the palate. Alcohol is nondetectable. (3.75)

Overall: Really a well rounded American lager. Showcases the lemon and honey well without being too strong or sweet. Drinks smooth. People say this drinks like a Corona, but this beer is much better. Corona is overly skunked, and this beer has much more flavor. Overall, I'd say much more flavors than most American lagers. Not too much adjuncts. Pretty impressed by this one actually. All around excellent American lager. (Final Rating: 4.02)

Aug 31, 2019
Bouleboubier from New Jersey

3.43/5  rDev +30.4%

(12 oz bottle, code 19087, twist-off crown; purchased single off shelf... poured into 14 oz mug)

L: brilliant, polished-clear, Vitamin B-yellow-gold liquid; crackly, craggy white foam crumbles away from the get-go; thin collar... almost visual poster-lager for 'yellow, fizzy beer'

S: grassy, mineral overtones, slight lemon skin undertone, delicate presence of pils malt lurking below; no overt skunk, despite the clear bottle... drained intensity, a bit weak

T: relatively doughy, almost cookie-ish maltiness up front, delicate sweetness midway, finish is moderately dry with some mellow, neutral bitterness; hint of fresh pils malt lingering in the aftertaste

F: sudsy touch; lightly-silky, not-quite-thin body... finish remains dry throughout, but far from parching

O: for an adjunct lager, surprising degree of malt flavor, and overall it may lean a little toward Euro pale... I could almost see this, with a little more hop presence, being the requisite, bandwagon-jumping 'lager' or 'pilsner' of a craft brewery; surprisingly decent (1489)

Aug 26, 2019
TerryW from Canada (ON)

2.13/5  rDev -19%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

This is for when you've baked your brain out on the beach and you just don't know any better. Strong armed malt, blunt hops. Just clumsy stuff. Not much to like here.

Jul 29, 2019
Green_GoblinPat from Pennsylvania

2.44/5  rDev -7.2%

I'm not a fan of this beer because of its heavy malt background . but ice cold with a lime for the price compared to a corona its a tolerable crushable lager which is what it wants to be

Jul 05, 2019
Byoung_Ju_Kim from New York

3.24/5  rDev +23.2%

Another American adjunct larger.. which I like. It has the pale yellow looking color and that is why it got 5 points.
Basically it doesn't have aroma. Couldn't tell it has any scent going on. Quite carbonated. I could hear those popping sound when i moved my ear closed to the glass after pouring some beer. Very easily drinkable. There was no after taste. Almost like water at the end, but sweet citrus taste remains... Because of carbonated fact, it has some interesting feeling once drink. Little expansive compared to any type of american adjunct larger. High score but don't think I will look for this again.

Jun 22, 2019
undiebundie from Pennsylvania

1.81/5  rDev -31.2%

Got a case in cans.

Taste: This beer is 60% carbonation, 25% Coors Lite, 12% Corona, and 3% is some vague citrus flavor.

Color: golden, typical island style beer coloration.

Smell: carbonation present in the nose, maybe some lemon gets through here

Feel: harsh bubbliness. Tastes best cold like any bad heavily carbonated beer.

It's drinkable, but I'd rather have Corona with a lime any day.

Jun 21, 2019
Buckeye55 from North Carolina

2.69/5  rDev +2.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

A decent beer, comes in just below average. I think maybe some of the reason for lower ratings is the clear bottles. I have had this from cans, and it seems noticeably better.

Jun 02, 2019
DavetotheB from Pennsylvania

2.93/5  rDev +11.4%

Reviewed 6/21/20.

From a 12oz bottle. No pour. Weird date code that's not worth deciphering.

Very light golden color.

Doesn't smell of much. Maybe some light sweet grains.

Tastes of sweet grains and maybe some very mild lime. Could be imagining that or maybe wishing it.

Light and thin in the mouth.

Overall. Well, it's beer in a clear glass bottle. Drinks nice on a hot summer day.

Apr 27, 2019
Stringer1018 from Massachusetts

12 pack bottles. Boring, skunky odor, no taste, no flavor , pale coloring, no finish, no after taste. It’s like drinking carbonated water. Thought it would have some kind of flavor. Very disappointed.

Mar 24, 2019
gvickery from Texas

3.77/5  rDev +43.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I’m not sure what all the negative reviews are from? Perhaps the clear bottles. I’ve had these several times from their huge 25oz cans. It smells pretty good for an adjunct later, nothing offensive. It tastes slightly citrusy with a slight adjunct twang. Way better than the typical big name macros. It’s very mild, I can barely tell I’ve drank even after chugging a big can pretty quickly. Good thirst quencher. Get the can, you might get a better impression.

Mar 11, 2019
cardfan212 from Minnesota

1.66/5  rDev -36.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Drank from a 12 ounce bottle. Scores are based on the style.

Look - I'm usually not big on clear bottles, and this is no exception. The clear labels also add to the mediocrity of the bottle. The artwork on the label makes me feel like a middle age mom on a tropical staycation.

Smell - The hint of an AAL on an ocean breeze.

Taste - Absolutely nothing.

Feel - Very spiky carbonation with a thin body. Like a sparkling water.

Overall - This is a sad beer. I hope to never have another one.

Feb 10, 2019
Landshark Lager from Margaritaville Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 62 out of 100 with 2023 ratings