Landshark Lager

Reviews: 545 | Ratings: 2,031 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Reviews by CodyBasden:
CodyBasden from Texas

2.7/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Clear gold fizzy little bit of lacing and small white head, small yeasty smell with tiny bits of floral hops, almost like water when it first goes in not a real taste until you put the glass down and then u get hit with a very bready taste, light body low carbonation

Nov 16, 2019
Ryk67 from Pennsylvania

4.55/5  rDev +73%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

To preface this review, I am new to beer and come from a spiced rum and coke back round. I am still acquiring a taste for beers, so this review may be better suited to those just getting into beer that may not be ready for full bodied or hops filled beers...
Cans and bottles scream let's party! Cases are around 25-28 bucks here in PA.
Bright label and can colors say it's time to hit the beach... This beer is a light pale yellow in color. I have only drank from bottles and cans, never pouring into a glass. The carbonation is bubbly and plentiful.
The aroma is a hint of lemon lime and crispness. No heavy beer aroma from bottle or can.
This is not a "beer snob" beer. It is very light (a bit more taste than Coors Light) & has a crisp finish with little aftertaste.
This beer is very drinkable, and goes down quickly. It has a nice kick to it, and is a perfect partner to light fare and crab pickin'. It's lack of full body and lightness are what appeal to newer beer drinkers. You don't need to acquire a beer taste to enjoy this beer. I would consider it a perfect hot summer day beer for those that typically would drink mojitos, wine coolers, or some other adult beverages. It is a step above Coors Light & Bud Light, while remaining lighter in flavor than a Miller Lite.

Sep 22, 2015
Jayschool from Colorado

1.15/5  rDev -56.3%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

My niece from Florida brought this to our house without my knowing it. Got a little high one night and thought I'd try it. It's as if I'd opened a bottle of club soda into which someone had dropped two drops of beer tincture. For fuck's sake, Florida. Have you not lowered the collective U.S. intelligence enough without foisting this shit on unsuspecting uncles? Damn.

Mar 05, 2018
flaskman from New York

3.25/5  rDev +23.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

I purchased it from my favorite ghetto store for 6.99 a 12 pack. I am sure that it was outdated. It poured a light yellow with plenty of head. It was very cold. It has been a while when I had a beer in a clear bottle with a twist off. For an inexpensive beer I thought that it was pretty descent. It tasted like a light beer (4.6 ABV) but it was tasty. Best description I can make is that it tasted like a light version of a Boston Lager. I could see myself sitting in a park on a hot day crushing them (with a designated driver). For the price I am in. Beats a Coors light hands down.

Mar 05, 2017
mark5692 from New York

4.51/5  rDev +71.5%

One of my favorite beers. What sucks is winter time, no one buys it so it just sits on shelves. But summertime, one of the best beers. People waste money in Corona or expensive terrible Mexican beers. This "island style lager" is very smooth and light so goes great with any food also. 12 pack is 12$. Not too bad.

Mar 13, 2015
Borbly from Canada ()

3.46/5  rDev +31.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Bought as part of the liscense with Canadian Brick Brewing. Pours a straw yellow body with some minimal head, and evidently effervescent carbonation. The aroma has some faint alcohol, a touch of sharp hoppiness, and then the rest being a clean barley malt bill. The taste is mainly just malty, but still crisp with a bit of noble hops. The sweetness is moderately sweet though nowhere near too much, just generally good. The beer is fairly dry and definitely easy drinking, overall this is a pretty good experience, and a great super bowl beer to pair with wings.

Feb 06, 2017
rockinrickster from North Dakota

2.43/5  rDev -7.6%

I definitely agree with the rest of you who compare this to Corona. My wife who actually spit out a mouthful of Dogfish 90 loves this stuff. Need I say more? If I want to be refreshed on a hot day, MAYBE, if there's nothing else around. But I'd rather have a gin and tonic...

May 26, 2016
SteveJeremy from Connecticut

1.84/5  rDev -30%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Landshark Lager was a light-bodied disappointment and, yes, I actually had some solid expectations. Ostensibly, I was expecting something of a lighter lager with tones of flavorful lime and refreshing hops, something I could easily down on one of these summer nights. Unfortunately, this is one of the most unremarkable beers I've tried in a while. The flavor is indicative of extreme amounts of corn and cheap grains, so much so that the "Margarittaville Brewing Company" label couldn't be further from an idea of what the final product actually tastes like. It is beyond and bland and almost entirely tasteless outside of overpowering corn. To make matters worse, my bottle wasn't as chilled as it could've been, which proved bad for about the first nine or ten ounces but detrimental and nearly undrinkable for the remaining two or so. For the brewing company's bestselling, most mainstream beer, it's surely a miserably tasteless and needless offering.

Jul 10, 2014
Rock_Glenn from New York

1.79/5  rDev -31.9%
look: 1 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

The color is that of urine on a morning of recovery, with almost a neon glow. The smell is that of an unfriendly skunk rolling in a barley field. Taste is that of a beer trying to be something that it's ingredients simply cannot accomplish. This is not a poor man's corona, it's a maggot's corona.

May 30, 2016
QueroCerveja from Utah

4.4/5  rDev +67.3%

Some of you "experts" who apparently think that a beer in a clear bottle is automatically gonna be skunky?! And some of you think every beer in a clear bottle must be compared to Corona? Why? Is Corona so effin special? Landshark Lager is a good beer. Usually not hoppy enough for my taste, maybe a bit too sweet of a finish. But smooth, and for fook's sake not swill like some have posted. Let's give some credit where it's due.

Nov 21, 2016
Loooonie2 from North Carolina

3.12/5  rDev +18.6%

Not a terrible beer. Has a smooth light flavor. Easy to drink especially in hot weather. Average beer. I would buy this beer again. This is an Island Style lager. Apprecite it for what it is.

Aug 05, 2017
Loveyourbeer from Virginia

2.06/5  rDev -21.7%

Doesn't even taste like beer. I finished it because there was no other beer.

Apr 19, 2015
henrycjones4 from New York

A fairly light Lager, Landshark is the perfect beer for the beach. Similar to Corona, Landshark has an essence of bread and little bit of lemon as well. It's got a very small head when put it in a glass and has a gold look to it. Landshark is very similar to Corona Extra in taste as well as both beer's enhancement with a lime slice.

Dec 13, 2017
cdclark81 from Pennsylvania

Looks like a college beer (about the color of healthy urine), smells like a college beer (skunky), tastes like a college beer (how did I ever make it through college?!) I'm giving this a 1 because it wouldn't let me go any lower. I couldn't even finish it.

Jul 15, 2017
Oz- from Illinois

4.02/5  rDev +52.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

My wife and I were turned on to this beer while vacationing in Florida. We had an unscheduled stop in Clermont FL due to brake problems. Since we were stuck for the night, we went to the hotel bar (Days Inn Clermont) and had an interesting pizza (loaded baked potato pizza) and shot some pool. Of course we had to have beer, and we usually order Corona Extra, but they were out. Bartender suggested Landshark. I’m glad she did.

The clear bottle gives you an immediate look in to what you’re about to have. Crisp, amber colored lager. We drank straight from the bottle so I can’t tell you about the head, but I imagine it would be average. We actually liked the taste of this better than Corona, so it looks like Landshark will replace it in our regular beer.

It doesn’t have the weird aftertaste that many beers have as it gets warmer, to me anyway. So that equates to perfect warm weather beer, or even a cool down from sweaty activities.

Beer snobs won’t appreciate it for what it is, but that’s ok. If we all wanted the same thing, we might as well be robots!

Sep 12, 2018
lastmango from Pennsylvania

2.07/5  rDev -21.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.25

Look, I am a Parrothead and love Jimmy Buffett's music. But Jimmy is a master marketer and could sell ice cubes to an Eskimo. So . . . while Jimmy's music is high quality, his beer is crap . . . and he knows it. Another overpriced product made by Inbev that is ok if it is 95 degrees and the beer is in an iced cooler and you have a lime wedge. Otherwise, spend your $10 for a sixer on a good hefe.

Aug 24, 2015
ThisWangsChung from Maryland

1.98/5  rDev -24.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2

I was going to be all cute and stuff...but for a macro lager, this looks incredible. It features a lustrous straw colored body (maaaaybe a bit on the light side), plus a big and fluffy white colored head that has good retention and excellent lacing to boot! But when it comes to the aroma...oh yeah, I'm going to be cute. Those cooked veggies and cotton candy notes tho! There's actually a touch of palpable, nuanced malt coming through, too bad that's ruined by a distinct petroleum character that rears its ugly head once this opens up. I actually taste some pleasant maltiness to start - too bad the finish is cheap and littered with cooked veggies, corn, and cotton candy. The feel is way too heavy for a simplistic refresher, but at least it's not overcarbonated. Well, it has more flavor than a typical BMC brew, but no way I would want one of these over a Pilsner Urquell or Bohemia. In fact, I'll likely never have it again (because let's be honest, who's going to bring this to a party instead of the more ubiquitous BMC or hipster-baity Schlitz/PBR?)

1.98/5: Wasting away again in Margaritaville wouldn't be a good thing if this was the only libation available

Aug 08, 2016
mothmanscott from Georgia

3.22/5  rDev +22.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Pours a clear deep straw with abundant effervescence spewing up from the bottom. The pour produces 4 fingers of aggressive, frothy, lasting, white head that leaves nice rings & webs of lace. Aroma is grain, light fruitiness, white bready, with hints of lemon & grass. Taste is sweet cereal grain, white bread, lemon & grass notes balanced with pilsner malt. Finishes dry with a hint of spice. Aftertaste is dry & thin pilsner malt, lemon & a mineral hint. Mouthfeel is light-medium bodied with moderate-high carbonation, smooth & dry throughout with a hint of peppery prickle from front to finish. Smoothing out in the finish becoming a gulp of wet air in the aftertaste. The rice in this brew is very obvious from the smoothness, dryness and drinkability. This brew is extremely drinkable & much improved over the average BMC.

Nov 25, 2017
mjgree from California

1.68/5  rDev -36.1%

Very ugly shade of yellow in a clear bottle. Only reason I tried this is that my hotel has it for $0.25 during happy hour on Wednesdays. The second sip was only to confirm that the first sip really happened. Used the rest of the bottle as drain cleaner.

May 14, 2015
Schlitz74 from Illinois

This is a below average beer that is trying to be too much like Corona. There is nothing special or great about this beer.
Head is soapy white, taste is beer with lime added for taste and lacing is nothing special.

Jul 30, 2017
ahuey333 from Wisconsin

2.59/5  rDev -1.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Aug 06, 2020
afinepilsner from Iowa

2.54/5  rDev -3.4%

16oz can

Landshark Lager was pale yellow in color with good clarity. It had a white head with decent retention and lacing The smell was clean with cereal grain and a little sweetness. The taste was light grain and a bit sweet with a touch of hops. The finish was short and dry. It was light bodied with medium carbonation. Overall it's kind of boring, but would be just fine if outside on a hot day.

May 30, 2011
spycow from Illinois

2.25/5  rDev -14.4%

Mar 11, 2013
testch09 from New Jersey

Feb 26, 2012
BTFU from Indiana

2.43/5  rDev -7.6%

A - Light yellow with a little bit of frothy head

S - Smells a little off, some grains but basically nothing

T - Ok, a little sweet with a decent aftertaste

M - Smooth and it doesn't have that soda carbonation feel

O - Its definitely better than Busch or Miller but definitely not something I'd ever by a case of

Feb 16, 2012
Landshark Lager from Margaritaville Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 62 out of 100 with 2031 ratings