Landshark Lager | Margaritaville Brewing Co.

Landshark LagerLandshark Lager

Ratings: 1,865 |  Reviews: 491

3.5/5  rDev +33.6%

2.5/5  rDev -4.6%

Part of a mixed 6 pack.

A- clear straw colour, large head of foam that quickly shrinks, little lacing to be had.

S- grainy and light struck...thanks to the clear bottle.

T- grainy, semi sweetness of corn, little bitterness but what's there doesn't help.

M- thin and watery mouthfeel.

O- thank goodness for mixed 6ers. I could not drink another 5 bottles; this "1" is more than enough.

2.33/5  rDev -11.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.25

I got a bottle of Margaritaville's Langshark Lager as a freebie left in my fridge after having some friends over for a bbq last weekend, I have had this beer before and I thought it wasn't that great and it was pretty similar to Corona, but it's been a long time since I have had one and since it was a freebie so I thought I would give it a quick review, so lets see how it goes. No visible bottling date. Poured from a clear 12 bottle into an imperial pint glass.

A- The bottle looks ok, it's got a nice clean look to it, but I'm never a fan of beer in clear bottles. It poured a very clear yellow color that took on a golden hue when held to the light with two fingers worth of creamy white head that died down to a thick ring that stayed till the end and left a little bit of lacing behind. This is a pretty average looking AAL, the head and lacing were better than expected..

S- The aroma starts off with a slightly higher amount of medium sweetness followed by a pretty heavy skunky aroma that seems to stick out the most and is followed by some sweet malts, creamed corn, and a large amount of stale grain aromas. The aroma wasn't good, the skunky aroma was unwanted and along with the stale grains it stuck out the most.

T- The taste seems to be somewhat similar to the aroma, it starts of with a medium amount of sweetness that takes a on a sweet creamed corn flavor and is followed by a lighter skunky flavor. Up next comes some more corn flavors followed by some sweet and stale malt flavors. On the finish I get a little bit of doughy yeast with hardly any bitterness with a sweet, grain, and corn like aftertaste. The taste wasn't that great, but it was better than the aroma and not as skunky,

M- Fairly smooth, crisp, a little creamy, slightly dry, light bodied, with a medium amount of carbonation that was a little a fizzy. The mouthfeel was ok and fairly true to style.

Overall I wasn't a fan of this beer but I thought it was pretty close to being and average example of the style, this isn't a type of beer I would buy, but there's a good chance I would order one at a mediocre Mexican restaurant. This beer had ok drinkability, it was fairly smooth, not filling and pretty crisp, but the flavors couldn't hold my attention, one is enough for me and its a little hard to get through the whole bottle without just chugging it to get rid of it. What I liked the most about this beer was the mouthfeel, it wasn't bad and it was fairly true to style. What I liked the least about this beer was the aroma, it was way too skunky, but that's what happens when you put a a beer in a clear glass bottle. I wouldn't buy this beer again unless I was out to eat, but even then I would rather order a Negra Modelo, I would recommend this to die heart Corona drinkers but that's it. All in all, this beer is about the same as I remember it, not horrible for the style, but nothing that I enjoy drinking, I think Jimmy Buffet needs to stick to the music and leave the beer to the pros.

3.75/5  rDev +43.1%

3.5/5  rDev +33.6%

2.5/5  rDev -4.6%

3.75/5  rDev +43.1%

1.5/5  rDev -42.7%

2.94/5  rDev +12.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Pours a clear golden color with a finger width foamy head. Head retention is very mild. Lacing is decent. Very grainy aroma with some tropical fruit at the end. Maybe it is just me, but I can pick up a hint of raw pumpkin. No spices. Very odd. May be imagining it. Tastes like any other adjunct lager. Grainy, bready, corn, a little spicy at the end. Nothing special. Very light bodied with moderate carbonation. I would say better than Bud or Miller, but that is not saying much.

3.25/5  rDev +24%

2.86/5  rDev +9.2%

Landshark Lager from Margaritaville Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 6.4% out of 100 with 1,865 ratings