Landshark Lager | Margaritaville Brewing Co.

Landshark LagerLandshark Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 01-17-2007

Ratings: 1,881 |  Reviews: 494

1.5/5  rDev -42.7%

2.4/5  rDev -8.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I don't think I am going to write a standard review for this beer. I generally have a format I use for reviews, but I don't want to go through the effort for this brew. Although I don't know. Side poured from a bottle into a glass.

Appearance - Almost transparent yellow, no head, no retention, no lacing. Kinda looks like urine in a glass.

Smell - A tiny bit of grain and corn. Nothing much at all there. I really had to work hard to smell anything.

Taste - Honestly, it doesn't taste like anything much. The smell really gives away the flavor, which is nothing.

Mouthfeel - Water

Overall - There is nothing here! At least Corona smells like a skunk run over. In a blind taste test between this and water I may have a hard time differentiating. Not recommended. I wouldn't ever buy it.

3.25/5  rDev +24%

2.93/5  rDev +11.8%

It's a nice 'Corona-like' beer. Extremely light in color, almost watery in appearance.

The head - yeah, nothing there to write home about.

On a hot summer day this would make for a nice thirst quencher. It's not heavy at all, in fact it 's not far off from a lighter tasting Pabst Blue Ribbon but without the corn.

I'm not going to say it's a bad beer because it isn't but you know, it's another Corona clone.

2.96/5  rDev +13%

Land Shark is a lager that I had high hopes for potential, but fell short of my expectations.

It pours a very appealing shade of yellow out of the bottle with lots of carbonation and a thick head that dissipates quite quickly. It's smell was the normal hops and barley of most lagers - nothing special to mention. Although the beer rolls around my tongue a bit watery (mostly because I have been drinking stronger ales) it has the right amount of carbonation with the distant hint of citrus (lemon?). The taste was thankfully better than I even hoped and so much so, you can end up downing a few of these before you end up realizing you are a bit toasted.

Overall, it's an average lager. I've had better and I've had worse.

1.25/5  rDev -52.3%

1.75/5  rDev -33.2%

1.75/5  rDev -33.2%

2.5/5  rDev -4.6%

2.5/5  rDev -4.6%

Landshark Lager from Margaritaville Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 2.62 out of 5 with 1,881 ratings