Key West Southernmost Wheat | Florida Beer Company

Florida, United States
floridabeer.com

Style: Witbier

Added by Drew966 on 04-24-2008

Keyesmas...not a good wheat.

1.75/5  rDev -49.6%

2.02/5  rDev -41.8%

From a bron bottle - Pours a whitish/pale with a small almost non existent head. Smells of yeast, spices, and lemon. First sip has some spicy notes but mot much flavor a with a bland finish bitter. Fairly light bodied but carbonated well. Worth avoiding

2.04/5  rDev -41.2%

I really do love wheat beers, and this one was a Belgian white. But it wasn't what I was hoping for.

The beer poured out a cloudly, yellowish color, more so than other whites I've tried - it didn't look to appealing to me. As far as a scent or odor - I couldn't smell one - nothing, nada, zip - I almost inhaled the beer trying to smell something from it.

Mouthfeel was worse than what I've experienced from other beers and the taste was just marginally better than other Belgian beers I have tried. I did get to taste the orange flavor and the coriander and all that - but it just didn't impress me.

Overall, I think I'm being a bit generous on the rating - maybe I picked up an old bottle or something. I'll give it another try, but not after I partake of others I enjoy.

2.07/5  rDev -40.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 1.75

Too heavy on the spices

2.2/5  rDev -36.6%

Poured a modestly hazy yellow into a pint glass, with zero head, very little carbonation, and little to no lacing. The nose revealed very subtle lemon, grass, and hay; not much else. The taste seemed like a watered-down version of itself, with very subdued notes of the above flavors, and an awkwardly bitter finish. Very thin, unbalanced, and more carbonated than the appearance.

2.21/5  rDev -36.3%

Whoa and yikes! I'm glad i only got two bottles of this beer. Pours a clear, golden boringness. Very minimal head thats thin and almost invisible lacing. Smells of sour budweiser. Very light in the mouth for a wheat beer, watery and thin, and to me "airy'

Has a faint citrus-bitter taste, quite flat, no taste of lime whatsoeve, gives me that gut-rot feeling.

2.23/5  rDev -35.7%

Bottle sampled at the brewery. Sour wheat aroma. Cloudy yellow with some foam. Heavy carbonation and demonstrated in the bubbles. Corriander, orange peel, and infused lime taste. Too many weak tastes thrown together. Thin mouthfeel.Redkneck beer for a hot drunk afternoon.

2.25/5  rDev -35.2%

2.31/5  rDev -33.4%

Glassware - Shaker Pint

Appearance - Golden yellow in color with a short fizzy white head that recedes in to a solid cap. Leaves a little bit of lacing on the glass but nothing really spectacular.

Nose - Kind of funky what aroma and not much else. There is a little bit of assorted citrus but it is mostly just funky wheat.

Taste - There is a little more citrus in the taste but any refreshment that would have provided is being over powered by the funky wheat.

Mouthfeel - Thin and watery with a lot of carbonation...

Overall - It is what it is, another thin watery beer for the masses. I would not recommend this to anyone and will not be buying any more of it myself. I wish, as probably the largest craft brewer from Florida, they would make a better beer but instead we have to live with mediocrity.

2.4/5  rDev -30.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Very sour tasting and bitter

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5