Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Key West Southernmost Wheat | Florida Beer Company

4.25/5  rDev +24.3%

2.75/5  rDev -19.6%

3.75/5  rDev +9.6%

2.04/5  rDev -40.4%

I really do love wheat beers, and this one was a Belgian white. But it wasn't what I was hoping for.

The beer poured out a cloudly, yellowish color, more so than other whites I've tried - it didn't look to appealing to me. As far as a scent or odor - I couldn't smell one - nothing, nada, zip - I almost inhaled the beer trying to smell something from it.

Mouthfeel was worse than what I've experienced from other beers and the taste was just marginally better than other Belgian beers I have tried. I did get to taste the orange flavor and the coriander and all that - but it just didn't impress me.

Overall, I think I'm being a bit generous on the rating - maybe I picked up an old bottle or something. I'll give it another try, but not after I partake of others I enjoy.

4.15/5  rDev +21.3%

A: poured from 12 oz bottle into pint glass, pours a light golden with a foamy white head, cloudy
S: prevalent wheat beer aromatics and esters, citrus, lime, banana, coriander, cloves
T: big taste of yeast and wheat, finish is bananas and cloves, slight sour lime aftertaste,
M: lively carbonation with a refreshing mouthfeel
O: a nice refreshing wheat beer, the flavor of the key lime complements the breast yeasty qualities of this beer

Key West Southernmost Wheat from Florida Beer Company