Mentirosa | Florida Beer Company

Florida Beer Company
Florida, United States
floridabeer.com

Style: Vienna Lager

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Drew966 on 05-11-2008

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 2
2.63/5  rDev n/a

A - Poured into an imperial pint. White head, reasonably thick, retains pretty well. Body a toasty gold. All in all, not a terrible-looking lager.

S - Pretty plain and generic. Not bad, just a generic beer smell. Like a piece of hot toast.

T - If you're just looking for a lawnmower beer, this will work. Lightly toasted grains, a fleeting hop. Needs more of a hop bite, but then again I have no clue how fresh this is or isn't. Needs more of an "anything" bite; it's pretty plain. Only slightly better than a macro, basically. It drinks like a macro, the only difference being that it won't get all nasty on you when it warms. I'll give it credit for that.

F - Carbonation more than adequate, just a little limp and watery.

D - I received a case of this as a Christmas gift, so I guess I'll be drinking it. It doesn't wow me by any stretch of the imagination, but I'll take it over Budweiser as a lawnmower beer. Also, if I need to offer someone "a beer"...not the greatest beer I've ever had, not the worst. Oh well....to the guy who got me a case of this, thanks for trying, dude.

2.81/5  rDev n/a

Mentirosa is contract brewed by Florida Beer Company for Goodson Brewery Company. It pours an orange color with a thin white head from a brown twelve ounce bottle. The aroma doesn't do much for me, some caramel malt, some hops. The flavor is mostly caramel malt, the hops are relatively subdued. Drinkable, purchased directly from the Florida Beer Company.

Mentirosa from Florida Beer Company