I.P.A. Chronicle 6: FL-Oregon Trail | Dunedin Brewery

Style: American IPA

Added by macrosmatic on 07-23-2012

Reviews by macrosmatic:
3.97/5  rDev 0%

NOTE: According to the bartender, this is an orange-honey IPA, brewed for the Oregon Brewers Festival.

Reviewed from notes. Had out of a cask at the Dunedin Brewery. Poured into a tulip glass.

A: Hazy orange-amber in color, with about a 1/2 finger white head. No significant visible carbonation.

S: Citrus, caramel, brown sugar. Doesn't smell overly hoppy.

T: Maybe it's because it's in my head, but orange and honey flavors are up front, with a nice bready malt. The honey flavor coats your mouth.

M: The alcohol is noticeable but not off-putting. It does have a fairly creamy mouthfeel (I'm assuming due to the cask serving), and a dry yet honey sweet finish.

O: This is good, and very different. I've never had an IPA out of a cask before, so I'm not sure how much that changes the drinking experience. This certainly didn't smell as hoppy as I expected but still overall enjoyable.

4.5/5  rDev 0%