Fleur De Lehigh | Philadelphia Brewing Company

Added by garcia2a on 06-11-2008

3.25/5  rDev -5.5%

2.5/5  rDev -27.3%

3.38/5  rDev -1.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

First had: on tap at Johnny Brenda's, Philly, PA

A decent Belgian-style ale from PBC. Poured a slightly cloudy golden yellow with a short-lived cap of white head. Floral aroma, spicy, gently crisp hoppage. Bready malt base in the taste, crisp citrus and floral hops, Belgian yeast and spice, with a bitter finish. Light-medium body, and fairly drinkable overall, but nothing that really calls me back for more.

1.5/5  rDev -56.4%

2.72/5  rDev -20.9%

Thanks for sending this one Steve. Poured into a tulip. This one pours a hazy golden straw color with about a finger of white foam.

The aroma is a bit strange. Initially it reminds me of baking spices like nutmeg and allspice; pretty much aromas I would reserve for darker beers. Underneath all that I get a bit of ginger and caramel malts. Somewhat floral and perfumy with some steamed vegetables. Essentially I would say these are all aromas I would enjoy, they just seem strange all together and aren't impressing me. The flavor here isn't offensive at all. It's actually just a little boring. Pretty much just a light in flavor beer with a little bit of a grassy finish. The spices are just not as present as present. Where as the aroma was to complex, the flavor just doesn't give enough.

The feel is medium with subtle carbonation. It lingers to be a little sticky. Overall I don't dig this. It doesn't taste bad but the aroma simply stinks.

2.88/5  rDev -16.3%

A - Cloudy golden brown in color. Small head with little to no lacing.

S - Faint hints of lemon and orange, malts, and other assorted spices. Overall it has a sort of musky aroma that isn't too appealing, but not terrible either.

T - A mix of sweet lemon, orange peel, and other citrus flavors throughout. Some toasted malts and peppery spices in the finish. I taste a bit of ginger as well, as the label indicates. Overall, a nice herbal characteristic in its taste.

M - Thin to medium bodied. Slightly syrupy, but very crisp and smooth.

D - Very refreshing. Probably best served on a hot summer day. Makes a good session ale due to the low ABV. While the unique blend of citrus and spice make this worth trying at least once, overall it is a very average beer. Not my favorite offering from PBC.

2.79/5  rDev -18.9%

A - golden color like the bottle says with big white head

S - bright spices and flowery with a bit of pale malt fitting for a good summer beer.

T - just too aromatic for me. Ginger and floral notes dominated, and I mean dominated. It was like an herbal smoothy. I liked the ideas of the flavors, but I don't think it was balanced right.

M - as appropriate as the smell; light and smooth feel with average carbonation after it settled

O - I don't plan on buying more. I like an ambitious beer, but this one missed the mark imo. It was just too green for me to recommend. I would welcome a reformulation.

3.82/5  rDev +11%

This brew poured a cloudy, straw yellow color. It didn't have very much of the head on the pour. I does have a little bit of foamy lace as you drink the brew however. I don't see much carbonation on the pour.

The aroma that hits your nose first is floral. It seems super fresh. There is a bunch of aromas that hit the nose, as you smell this brew. The most dominate one I can detect is honeysuckles, that give in to just a touch of malts.

The flavors are great. Its some what of a unique brew. It packs some great flavors. But again, as the name sake has it, as well as in the aroma, this brew truly tastes like a wild flowers. Its quite tasty. It also has a bit of sweet malts as well, that brings you back to the fact that your drinking a beer.

The mouthful on this brew is great. Nice floral taste, with a of wheat and malts with just a touch carbonation that smooth it all out. Its super light and crisp.

This brew has a great drinkability. It has some great flavors and isn't overpowering like a few of the other flower like brews out there. Its a great summer brew that I will certianly pick up again. Another great pick up by Philadelphia Brewing Company.

3.16/5  rDev -8.1%

It's what I would want in a hefe. Pretty nice on a hot day! Not over the top in flavors, but very drinkable for sure. Hasn't turned me off. Given the choice between this and a Franz or Hofbrau I'd probably go German. Between this and Sam's Summer, I'll take the Fleur de Lehigh.

3.24/5  rDev -5.8%

Had this on 2011-03-09 at the Drafting Room in Exton, PA (from tasting notes)

A - Semi-cloudy, golden with a short, white head.

S - Very, ery flowery with cinamon and other spices. Can smell it from 3 feet away.

T - Quite odd. You can taste the earthy rhubarb. Reminds me of drinking a Jack LaLane blended vegatable mix with some added hop bitterness. It has a LOT of flavor for a low ABV beer and to me, it wasn't off-putting (maybe because I like V8 juice :>)

M - Light body and light-medium carbonation. Nothing special.

D - Kind of skanky and weird but I'm glad I tried it.

Fleur De Lehigh from Philadelphia Brewing Company