Love Belgian Beer?

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Monk In The Trunk | Inlet Brewing Co.

YOUR RATING = None |
Monk In The TrunkMonk In The Trunk

Inlet Brewing Co.
Florida, United States | website

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Added by bluegrassbrew on 09-02-2007

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last
Reviews: 58 | Ratings: 202

I had the pleasure of trying this beer at the Yard House in West Palm, FL and it wasn't too bad. Unfortunately, it wasn't my type of beer although I drank it since I will never waste a beer. This is the type of beer that you have to at least try, don't knock it until you try it. I would decribe the beer a little bit but to be honest, I don't remember anything except for the copper taste (if I recall right).

3.23/5  rDev -1.8%

Palm Beach Gardens Yard House

A- Copper colored with slight head

Sm- Fruity and slightly spicey

T -Slightly nutty and malty. Tastes of fresh hops, like a good craft.

M - Slight carbonation, with little thickness

D - I could only have one cause of the nutty flavor. A little too much for my liking.

3.53/5  rDev +7.3%

drank on 3.14.09 at the Yard House in Palm Beach Florida.

not much head with the beer, golden copper color. ok looking. not much of a smell either, some hops in there, but nothing exciting at all. the taste was nice - good decent beer. glad i was able to try something new.

3.15/5  rDev -4.3%

Had this on tap at Orlando Brewing Co. where it is a contract brew.
Pours a light copper, almost orange body with minimal head and little lacing. A good, sharp fruit smell is evident along with hints of sweet malts, but they are barely noticeable. The fruits are evident in the taste, but they are a little sharp and biting; could pulled back on the citric/acidic taste a little. The beer retains a smoothness and very light sweetness, but the sharp citrus gives it a minor stinging backbite. This is an OK beer but not a great one for me.

4.07/5  rDev +23.7%

Awesome beer!!! I could not be more surprised that this beer came from Florida, let alone right near me

Mellow Mushroom has this on tap for $4.25 in Delray Beach
A: Pours a unique brown/copper color that leaves a decent head with minimal lace

S: Unique smell, notes that are common in Belgians are apparent...Malty nose, hops are not apparent, caramel, toffee

T: Malty...I could swear that I am drinking some kind of Belgian hybrid...caramel, toasted malts, toffee, and a fruity flavor that came out of nowhere

MF: Very smooth going down, medium/light in body, clean aftertaste

D: High...I could drink these all nite...especially during happy hour at Mellow Mushroom

3.94/5  rDev +19.8%

had this on draft at the Mellow Mushroom, Delray Beach, Fl. Poured into a pint glass pours an amber orange with a minimal head that leaves no lace on the glass. Smell is of bread and sweet toffee. Ok the flavor was very well represented on this one, It had a nice fruity gum taste to it and went down very smooth, sweet butter bread and a bit of hop character, no overwhelming hop bitterness nicely balanced. I was expecting this to be a bit flat but overall I actually enjoyed this,it had a nice belgian flavor to it that I havn't had in a long time, overall a pretty nice showing.

2.63/5  rDev -20.1%

Tried a pint of this local brew in Rooney's in Abacoa, Jupiter. To be honest I wasn't too impressed.The beer had a slightly watery funky flavour to it. Visually it looked good; clear and with a thin head. There was no offputting smell but from the first mouthful something didn't click and I switched back to Bass.

3.95/5  rDev +20.1%

Had on tap at the Food Shack in Jupiter Florida.
According to the brewer this is an organic Belgian Amber Ale.
Tasty beer. I know the brewer personally, so I will not give a formal review. I just wanted to add this beer to the database. Only available in kegs in South Florida. Available year-round.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last
Monk In The Trunk from Inlet Brewing Co.