Punk IPA | BrewDog

BrewDog
Scotland, United Kingdom
brewdog.com

Style: American IPA

Welcome to a post Punk apocalyptic mother of an ale.

A beer that spent its formative years Blitzkrieg Bopping around India and the sub-continent.

This light, golden classic has been subverted with new world hops to create a devastating explosion of flavour. Steel yourself for Kalashnikov bursts of caramel, incendiary tropical fruit and an all-out riot of grapefruit, pineapple and lychee, before a spiky bitter finish.

This is quintessential Empire with an anarchic twist. Turn up the volume. Pay the man. Embrace the punked up, pimped up Maharajah of Pale Ales.

Nothing will ever be the same again.

Added by bark on 11-02-2007

3.25/5  rDev -13.3%

4.5/5  rDev +20%

4.25/5  rDev +13.3%

4.46/5  rDev +18.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

I tried this beer while I was in Scotland and I was pleased to find it on tap as I have wanted to try this beer for sometime. I made sure to take some notes as I wanted to remember what it tasted like when I returned home.

As a big fan of IPAs, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this beer as I had some assumption it would let me down in some way. (mainly due to all the kudos it gets) In every catagory, this IPA excelled. The hop flavor was strong but not so much so that it was overpowering like some. It was extremely smooth for a for an IPA but still really hoppy. I also was pleased that the alchol content wasn't up in the 7's but it didn't taste weaker as I expected. No way to describe this beer other then pretty close to perfect for an IPA.

3.82/5  rDev +1.9%