Hardcore IPA | BrewDog

BrewDog
Scotland, United Kingdom
brewdog.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

This Imperial India Pale Ale rocks…hardcore! But don’t take our word for it...this little bottle has a grandiloquent story to tell.

2,204 malted Maris Otter grains gave all they had to offer the world to provide the robustly delicate toffee malt canvas for the ensuing epic. 4 Hop Cones willingly sacrificed themselves to ensure your mouth feels punished and puckering for more. 9,900,000,000 yeast cells frantically fermented their little hearts out as the sugars became alcohol in the depths of our fermentation tanks.

2 humans and 1 canine companion were relatively happy with the results.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 03-10-2008

Liked:
3.94/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 1,505 |  Reviews: 554

Imperial IPA it says and an Imperial IPA it is. A cracking IPA. The after taste feels like you have been liking raw hops. If you are not a hop head stay well away.

When I'm not watching the Victoria Secret Angel's blow me kisses in their commercials I'm meditating on this beer to open my third eye into Nirvana, the one Tom Cruise always mentions. Did Prince Harry try this yet? I mean in his Apache helicopter?

my buddy klye shared a four pack with me best night ever

A- puffy off tan heady with the darkest almost red look

S- hops hops and more hops

T- a strong kick in the face with a smooth malty after taste couldn't wait for my next sip

M- fantastic almost as over bearing as the taste

O- literally the best ipa ive had i really wish i could get more of it

My first review here!
In last year or so I got through around 100 special beers and this was (in my opinion) the best. I liked it so much that after the first one I bought 5 of them to try them in different stages of ageing. As far as I could taste, the taste got rather more potent with ageing, so I'd say it ages well.

Pours a glass of deep amber to orange color, medium carbonation, finger and a half of almost white head. Smells nicely of exotic fruits, citrus, also some elderberry flower followed with a hoppy component. Tastes WOW! The first impact of exotic fruits/citrus and elderberry is followed by a mouthful of malty sweetness with just the right balance in bitterness. It feels great in mouth and I could just keep drinking it. The high alcohol content kicks in at some point, but is not disturbing or offensive.
All in all a great strong IPA. I'd even say it's worth the (high) price.

Hardcore IPA from BrewDog