I Hardcore You | BrewDog

BrewDog
Scotland, United Kingdom
brewdog.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

What do you get if you blend Hardcore IPA and I Beat You together and then add even more dry hops?

I Hardcore You of course. This is the return, for a limited time only, of a beer which proved firm favourite with hop heads.

I Hardcore You is a 9.5% Imperial India Pale Ale. After blending these two awesome beers, the beer is then dry hopped another two times.

Added by thepeter on 08-17-2010

4.96/5  rDev +23.1%

On par with sculpin and Pliny for me.

4.91/5  rDev +21.8%

Aroma:Sweet and hoppy, cotton candy and citrus. Amazing aroma!

Appearance:Amber, nice head volume and retention.

Taste:There is a huge hops hit right up front. Once you get past the bitterness, sweet citrus and peach flavors show themselves. The bitterness then comes around again in the aftertaste.

Mouthfeel:Light to medium body, just a little astringency, very smooth for an IPA.

Drinkability:This is one of the best IPAs that I've had so far.

4.88/5  rDev +21.1%

4.85/5  rDev +20.3%

A: Deep ambver and slightly cloudy. Big white fluffy head, Outstanding lacing.

S: Deep dank pine. Amazingly sweet balance, but again musty, dank wet pine smell.

T: Outstanding deep bitterness followed by an incredible butter sweet malt. Its almost like a hop jolly rancher. HOP CANDY!

M: Average carbonation and deeply bitter. This beer coats my mouth in a thick honey sweetness and has the consistency of olive oil. Absolutely fabulous.

D: Fantastic. The booze is so well hidden as it blends with the hop spice. I paid for the first one on tap and it wasn't cheap, but I bought another because it was so damn tasty. I would absolutely purchase again, but the price tag, $6/bottle is steep.

4.85/5  rDev +20.3%

Poured from a bottle into a pint glass

Amber color with white head.

Caramel sweetness with lots of grapefruit. Hops is quite obvious yet not overpowering

Taste is outrageous pefection. One of the best imperial IPA I have ever had. Knowing this is from Brewdog/Mikkeller made it extra special.

Thick sweet hoppiness with more gravity than a traditional IPA. Booze is subtle with this brew.

Overall this is a super Imperial/Double IPA. Store only had one so I jumped on it. So wished there were more...

I Hardcore You from BrewDog