Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

BrewDog / Three Floyds Bitch Please | BrewDog

brewdog.com

Style: American Barleywine

Added by AgentMunky on 04-29-2011

1.25/5  rDev -62.1%

Not sure why I picked this up. May have been the cute little bottle and my failure to read any reviews before trying.

Anyhow...

Poured bottle into nice mini tulip. The smell is something I can easily describe; Huntington beach sea water the first day after a record rain storm.

I'm almost afraid to try it after the smell.

Taste is well... I can definately get the Scotch and a little Peat. The abv isn't well hidden but I wouldn't call it overpowering. A lot going on which each sip and I'm not sure what's going on.

Good thing this was a mini bottle so I don't have to muscle through a bomber.

1.6/5  rDev -51.5%

Bottle (2011)

Stone Brew. Co.
Escondido, CA

Deep auburn in color with a quickly disappearing light khaki colored head. This doesn't leave much more than a few clinging bubbles to the glass.

The aroma is terrible, though in all fairness, the taste was worse. The aroma is a combination of burnt wood, rubber, campfire, a drag strip, and burnt sugars.

The flavor is awful. A few of the descriptors I heard friends offer in defense of this beer:
"Burnt tire"
"Burnt rubber"
"Campfire deliciousness"
"Huge tobacco note...yeeeeaaah"
"Disgusting"
"Perhaps the worst beer I've ever had"

Medium bodied with low to moderate carbonation.

Disgusting, vile stuff.

1.63/5  rDev -50.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

Bottle: Poured a deep clear amber color ale with a nice large foamy head with good retention and good lacing. Aroma of wood and sickening sweetness doesn’t make for an interesting aroma. Taste is like crunching into an old scotch barrel that has bathed in sugar, i.e. not an interesting proposition. Body is about average with good carbonation and no apparent alcohol. I finally drain poured half the bottle after I couldn’t take any more of the bad scotch ester and the sickening sweetness.

1.68/5  rDev -49.1%

Large tan foamy head rises form a very dark redish brown brew.

Smells like a tire. Way too much smoked malt. Too much peat too.

Taste is like licking a tire. Bitter and over whelming, in a bad way. Syrup-y and way too thick. No hops are present. Way too much peat, BLAH! Nice carbonation.

Horrible mess!!! This is the last 3 Floyds Collab brew I'll buy. I paid $12 to drain pour.. This brew is awful, if you feel other wise BM me and we can discuss it's upside. How would either brewery want their name attached to this brew??

1.74/5  rDev -47.3%

I'm going to assume the name of this beer is a reference to one of the kickass raps of my time by Snoop Dog. Listen to "Bitch Please 2", it's da shiznit. The beer unfortunately, is an insult to the song.

A - Reddish colored beer with an off-white head that faded to a slight ring and left some minor stick on the sides.

S - Well BrewDog has done it again! Albeit, this time with a hand from FFF apparently. Smells like vulcanized rubber and exceptionally cheap, peaty Scotch whiskey. Horrible. I think there might be some hops in there.

T - Tastes just as bad as the nose, except you can throw some permanent marker and iodine into the tires and peat. I don't know how BrewDog (and now FFF I guess) keeps throwing this stuff into bottles because it sucks so bad.

M - Medium bodied, a little dry, moderate carbonation.

O - I don't know why people keep doing this. All it does is piss off the consumer and makes me not want to by things from BrewDog. Bitch Please pour this down the drain.

1.84/5  rDev -44.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Picked up at my local Binny’s for wayyyy too much money ($12 for a 12oz…sheesh).

Appearance – Pours a murky brown into a tulip with about a finger of off white head that dissipates quickly leaving little lacing.

Smell – Booze, booze, booze. Slight dark fruits and sweetness.

Taste – Holy crap. What is this. Seriously this is disgusting. This is heavy peat and smoke. Rubber, etc. I took one sip and almost gagged.

Mouthfeel – Medium bodied, decent carbonation.

Overall – Drain pour. This is one of the worst beers I’ve had in a while. Ugg.

1.96/5  rDev -40.6%

How do you soil the Three Floyds name? Collaborate with Mikkeller and/or BrewDog!

Ugly pour, dirty brown with mild head. Smells godawful... So much peat; reminiscent of licking the underside of your hiking boots after spending a week in the forest. Taste isn't much better, with smokey peat malt and dirty socks everywhere you turn. Perfect beer to unclog your drain.

1.99/5  rDev -39.7%

Thanks to Chris (spycow) for sharing this one. Served in a Hair of the Jester King snifter.

A - Quick-dissolving light tan foam settles to some wisps and a thin collar, but no lace. Transparent bronze body.

S - Iodine, peat, smoke, black permanent markers, rubber, oak. Smells like a poor quality scotch whisky.

T - Burnt paper, oxidation, cardboard, tar, rubber. I'm not sure what the base beer was, but it isn't home and can't come out and play as it's been obliterated by peat, salt, and wood.

M - Medium body, moderate carbonation, tannic and dry texture, and plenty of warming alcohol.

D - Terrible stuff. I choked down enough to take notes then poured out the rest. If I wanted cheap scotch I could get better value skipping the middle man and just buy a 750ml bottle at the supermarket.

Attention brewers - if you feel the need to age your beers in Whisky barrels, make sure the beer has sufficient flavor to survive the process. Or sell the finished product in 1oz servings like actual whisky - your choice.

BrewDog / Three Floyds Bitch Please from BrewDog