Tallgrass Oasis | Tallgrass Brewing Company

Tallgrass OasisTallgrass Oasis

Tallgrass Brewing Company
Kansas, United States
tallgrassbeer.com

Style: Extra Special / Strong Bitter (ESB)

Oasis is a Double ESB/IPAish beer that came about from playing around with one of Jeff’s favorite homebrew recipes. Here at Tallgrass we love malt and we love hops, and this beer has both of them in record quantities; well, at least records for our baby brewery.

At a hefty 7.2% ABV and 93 IBU, Oasis is a big beer that has to be priced a bit higher than our regular line of beers. We think that once you taste the over-the-top hops and surprisingly sturdy malt backbone you will realize why it’s worth it.

Definitely not a fruit-extract seasonal shandy, this beer is meant to be enjoyed on the back porch, the front porch, or even on the stoop. What's a stoop? Well, it's a good place to drink beer, is what it is.

Added by twiggamortis420 on 11-12-2009

4.5/5  rDev +17.8%

4.44/5  rDev +16.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Wow!! This one was a very pleasant surprise, after having Ethos, my expectations were that this one would be inferior, but in my opinion, that was NOT the case. One thing, I prefer piney IPAs vs grapefruity ones, which makes me biast in favor of this one.

As mentioned above, this has a piney hops flavor to this one, a lot like Sierra Nevada's Torpedo, which I adore. I'm not experienced with the ESB part, so I can't say much there, but overall, this beer absolutely hits the spot, and I will be a regular customer year round.

4.25/5  rDev +11.3%

3.87/5  rDev +1.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

16 oz. can into a nonic pint glass.

A: Pours a clear amber with a nice two finger frothy white head that fades to a delicate lace on the sides of the glass.

S: Malty up front with caramel sweetness, but also touches of citrus and some piney hops.

T: Nice citrus with orange and grapefruit balanced with pine and earthy bitterness. The malt isn't as strong as I expected as the hops take over.

M: Medium bodied and smooth with a nice crisp bitterness. Goes down easily.

O: Really solid beer...definitely more IPA than Imperial ESB but solid nonetheless!

4.25/5  rDev +11.3%