Tallgrass Buffalo Sweat | Tallgrass Brewing Company

Tallgrass Brewing Company
Kansas, United States
tallgrassbeer.com

Style: Milk / Sweet Stout

We love this beer here at the brewery, and think you will have one of those “I’ve never-tasted-a-beer-like-that” kind of moments when you try it!

What we really like about this beer is the smoothness that brewing with cream sugar brings to the palate. This smoothness balances out the copious quantities of roasted barley used in the brewing process to create a rich, complex, and delicious beer. If you have not been a stout drinker in the past, give this beer a try. It might just change your mind about how dark beers should taste. It tastes so rich, but is surprisingly easy to drink!

Added by russpowell on 11-29-2009

Ratings: 1,405 |  Reviews: 371
4.92/5  rDev +28.5%

Tastes like coffee, looks like coffee, must be bison sweat...

4.9/5  rDev +27.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I was told this was like "drinking a brownie." That description is not entirely exaggerated. Very smooth and tasty stout. I wish I could get it in Michigan, but no luck. I had to pick this up in Minneapolis.

4.89/5  rDev +27.7%

Poured from a can into a glass.
Appearance: Lovely. Incredibly dark, great head of foam with just a slight tint of brown.
Smell: Unassuming beer in scent. Notes of milk, cream, and oatmeal, with just a hint of alcohol. Taste/mouthfeel: Incredible. Creamy dark oatmeal and roasted barley. It is so dark and thick that it felt almost chewy in texture and taste. Notes of chocolate and slight caramel come through part way into the glass. The creaminess lingers in the mouth long after I expected. Overall, spectacular beer; one of my personal favorites.

4.88/5  rDev +27.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Super underrated cream stout. This is without question the best milk stout to pair with fried food on the planet. Love stouts and sports? This beer is perfect to pair with your game day faves.

4.85/5  rDev +26.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.85/5  rDev +26.6%

A-Dark brown/blac with some ruby red hues

S-Roasted malts...a bit of exotic java....interestingly enough some leather...malted milk balls.

T-Love the flavor...I had no idea what kind of stout this was but after the first sip I knew it was a sweet stout. Big malted milk ball flavor that I love...roasted malts...a little sweet coffee (think coffee loaded with creamer)..outstanding..maybe the best tasting sweet stout I have had.

M-Perfect...smooth, velvet-like, medium bodied...Very creamy texture with the perfect amount of weight..

D-Maybe the best Sweet Stout I have had. I could session this for awhile as I despite the sweeter flavors I think it drinks fine. I'll have to give a few at a time a try because I do plan on drinking a lot more of this one. Would love to a side-by-side tasting with left hand.

4.83/5  rDev +26.1%
look: 5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Great beer. Great taste. Had with a prime rib dinner. Paired well.

4.81/5  rDev +25.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.8/5  rDev +25.3%

4.8/5  rDev +25.3%

4.79/5  rDev +25.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.77/5  rDev +24.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Very good stout. A thinner easy drinking full flavor stout.

4.75/5  rDev +24%

Tried this at a local beer expo. One of my favorites for sure.

Tallgrass Buffalo Sweat from Tallgrass Brewing Company