Tallgrass Buffalo Sweat | Tallgrass Brewing Company

Tallgrass Brewing Company
Kansas, United States
tallgrassbeer.com

Style: Milk / Sweet Stout

We love this beer here at the brewery, and think you will have one of those “I’ve never-tasted-a-beer-like-that” kind of moments when you try it!

What we really like about this beer is the smoothness that brewing with cream sugar brings to the palate. This smoothness balances out the copious quantities of roasted barley used in the brewing process to create a rich, complex, and delicious beer. If you have not been a stout drinker in the past, give this beer a try. It might just change your mind about how dark beers should taste. It tastes so rich, but is surprisingly easy to drink!

Added by russpowell on 11-29-2009

3.69/5  rDev -3.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

4.25/5  rDev +11%

2.95/5  rDev -23%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

This was very close to being a drain pour.

So,I decided to let it warm up...it didn't help much.

I went easy on my ratings because perhaps I'm just not a fan of this type of beer. Way too much carbonation, nasty smell, and taste that was just not something I enjoyed.

4.27/5  rDev +11.5%

No one ever accused me of being a beer snob. At least not yet. In fact, I'm new to craft beers and am still learning. I've only kegged my second batch of home brew just today. What I do know is what I like. This beer, along with the vanilla counterpart are my current all time favorite brews. I'm sure that nobody would fault me if this Valentine's Day I took my woman to a private place and enjoyed a little Buffalo Sweat. In fact, I highly recommend that you do the same. You won't regret it!

3.75/5  rDev -2.1%