Tallgrass Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat | Tallgrass Brewing Company

tallgrassbeer.com

Style: Milk / Sweet Stout

Added by jera1350 on 01-12-2013

1.41/5  rDev -64.3%

Just because you can doesn't mean you should

1.83/5  rDev -53.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

This is disappointing. Flat, watery, an unimpressive. not much flavor to go with and smells like some cheap lager. Tastes like a cheap stout. I don't know how it's rated so high. Another craft beer failure.

2.17/5  rDev -45.1%

2.25/5  rDev -43%

2.5/5  rDev -36.7%

2.5/5  rDev -36.7%

2.63/5  rDev -33.4%

2.69/5  rDev -31.9%

This beer was a major disappointment

2.71/5  rDev -31.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Essentially, someone has figured out how to carbonate chocolate milk with a splash of vanilla extract and market it as beer. I had heard great things about this brew ... and was very disappointed. This is by far one of the worst beers I've encountered, one of our tasting team jokingly commented about mixing miller lite with chocolate milk... sorry.

A: The appearance and smell initially had me very excited. Dark with a thin foamy head.

S: The aroma really peaked my senses; enticing vanilla and chocolate.

T: Watery chocolate milk... There just wasn't much umph to this drink or complexity. It honestly tasted like someone took a can of carbonated water and mixes it with chocolate milk. Or perhaps a vanilla root beer when the dispenser is running out of syrup to mix and you have a completely off but very carbonated drink.

M: Very thin beer, I personally enjoy mine much thicker. There was no creaminess which I often associate with Vanilla based beers etc. Very effervescent and sparkly, far too much...

O: This was a very disappointing beer. I really tried to give this one a chance, it was initially chilled and as I drank allowed it to warm to see if it would change in flavor depth and complexity... all I got was a vanilla chocolate fizziness. Perhaps I had a bad batch? But I'm a little afraid to try it again when there are so many other outstanding beers.

2.75/5  rDev -30.4%

2.75/5  rDev -30.4%

2.88/5  rDev -27.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

2.93/5  rDev -25.8%

Pours black with some head which is nice. But for me that is where the fun ended. Smell was overpowering of cinnamon. I like it but not THAT much in my beer. No bourbon flavor at all which was a disappointment. I had it cold however but I don't think I can wait for it to warm to see if anything else comes out. Just too sweet for me

Tallgrass Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat from Tallgrass Brewing Company