Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

De Ieso Spades | Hopworks Urban Brewery

hopworksbeer.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Added by jdense on 03-19-2011

3.42/5  rDev 0%

Rebrewed (or at least reissued) for Angelo's going away party at Bailey's. I'm actually extremely sure I've had this before at neither occasion...anyways, I regrettably was out of town for the Bailey's bash and had to miss the party, but this was still on draught the next day. Served from a firkin in an imperial pint, De Ieso Spades is dark, dull, cloudy caramel brown. No head, a few big bubbles form the collar.

Smell is pretty hoppy, pine resin and citrus. I'm impressed for a barrel aged brew - I never found that to be befitting of a fresh hop bomb. Sweet though mostly, like tang orange-drink, and a little phenolic as well.

Taste is also heavy on the citrus hops, more flavor then bitterness, but both present. Woody. Seem, I dunno, lacking compared to my recollection. Maybe the mouthfeel.

Mouthfeel is soft and flat. Dry.

Drinkability isn't too high. This is interesting, but ultimately not that enjoyable. Took me so long, that I ordered a different beer to enjoy with my burrito.

3.92/5  rDev 0%

On tap at Victory Bar specially brewed for Angelo's Division St. Brewpublic Crawl, poured nto Shaker pint glass two tokens.

Half finger head quick dissipation cloudy orange amber firkin body. Tropical and pine notes dominate the nose. Taste mirrors nose big pine resin finish balanced by mango and bubblegum notes. Moithfeel just on the light side of medium. An enjoyable one off though there is a wicked alcohol kick.

De Ieso Spades from Hopworks Urban Brewery