Boy King Double IPA | COAST Brewing Company

COAST Brewing Company
South Carolina, United States
coastbrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

A highly hopped, yet still balanced, double IPA. Multiple hop varieties, emphasizing Citra Hops, were used. We're lovin' the tropical goodness of this hop variety!

Added by mikesgroove on 04-14-2009

This is my first review. I have been into the scene for about a year and a half. I have been to a handful of events, tried some rare and sought after brews like KBS, CBS, PtE, Hopslam, etc, this beer was the first one I said yes, this is what I've been looking for. I bought a growler from CBX 4/5/10, to consume while watching the NCAA championship game. I finished it in a hour and half, which gives me concern about my alcohol intake. The beer is AWESOME.
A- I would say a little lighter than what I expected.
S- Wonderful, smelled delicious hops, a ton of citrus, even some peach, somewhere in there.
T- Trully world class. I had a 90 minute about 13 days old as well, I thought BoyKing blew it out of the water. I'm partial to citrus taste in my IPA, Boy King hit the spot.
M-Perfect for this awesome SC spring weather. Refreshing and not heavy.
D-Scary is all I can say. At almost 10%, I just wanted more and more, and I obliged. I know I shouldn't session it the way I did, but I literally couldn't stop drinking it.
I know COAST is in Charleston, I have had some of their offerings, HopArt, Blackbeard, 32/50, Redlegs all very good, but I could think of others I liked more. Not Boy King, It is my new favorite brew, and am counting down the hours to make the 30 minute drive to CBX to get another, perhaps 2.

Boy King Double IPA from COAST Brewing Company