Pagan Ritual | Fegley's Bethlehem Brew Works

3.58/5
Good
1 Rating

Fegley's Bethlehem Brew Works
Pennsylvania, United States
thebrewworks.com

Style: American IPA

Added by nrs207 on 05-06-2012

Reviews by nrs207:
3.58/5  rDev 0%

Had on tap 5/6/12. Served in a pint glass.

A - Amber/orange. Essentially on the dark side of golden orange for an IPA. Small head and leaves some moderate lacing.

S - Not a strong smelling beer. Hints of citrus and floral and pine characteristics. There is definitely a bitterness in the smell.

T - A pretty nice amount of bitterness, but not a whole lot of hop flavor. I would definitely like more hop flavor. It has a dry finish, and it is pretty refreshing.

M - Crisp, well carbonated. No hint of alcohol. Very drinkable.

O - It's not a bad entry into the IPA category, but I've certainly had much better. I believe they say it's brewed with mainly (or only) magnum hops, which I believe are good bittering hops. If so, this explains the flavor. They don't really brew many beers I go out of my way to get, so I'd say this is about an average beer for Brew Works. Not bad if you're looking for a refreshing IPA that is mainly bitter. Mind you, it's not that bitter, but it's main flavor characteristic is bitterness.

Pagan Ritual from Fegley's Bethlehem Brew Works