Jim Dandy | Red Eye Brewing Company

Red Eye Brewing Company
Wisconsin, United States
redeyebrewing.com

Style: Witbier

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

"Belgian ale with peaches".

Added by alcstradamus on 02-10-2010

Reviews by KI9A:
3.82/5  rDev -0.8%

A: Slightly hazy, some head.

S: Peach ice tea.

T: Sweet peach tea. Some malts. I can taste some sweet candi sugar.

M: Crisp, refreshing as hell.

D: This isn't a WIT. It's a Belgian Ale, as read on the scoreboard at the pub. It's a different take on a Begian, but a damn good one!

I didn't ask for info on this beer, but from tasting it and reading the description I believe it is their Bloom Belgian Wheat brewed with peaches.

Pours a straw color with a half finger of head. The smell is mostly yeast, clove, and some peach sweetness. In the flavor, the peaches are very subtle and could definitely go unnoticed if I wasn't searching for them. However, the base beer is a very nice example of a Witbier. A nice mix of yeast, grains, light fruitiness, clove, and orange peel. Flavorful enough to satisfy yet light enough to session. The body is medium with lower carbonation levels that I expect for the style which is a positive for me. Another solid beer from the Red Eye, I just wished they would have used more peaches.

3.72/5  rDev -3.4%

One of two growlers courtesy of Alcstradamus at the Milwaukee BA gathering.

A- The lightest of golden which is completely transparent. About a half finger's worth of head that recedes quickly but leaves some good lacing on the side of the glass.

S- Has all the characteristics of a wit, the yeast is present, a little bit of orange and their other additives, the peach, which I think goes well with this beer, appeals to a wider audience.

T- A little bit of yeast to go along with some Belgian candy sugar, and a mass amount of peaches. I can see why they were highlighting that flavor. Sticks out but doesn't stick out too much. Pretty balanced in my opinion.

M- A thin to medium bodied brew that is a tad on the thin side but pretty good for the style. Good carbonation and a smoothness which I think the peaches helps.

D- Top notch, a good session beer that has a lighter flavor but at the same time a crisp, clean taste that will leave you wanting more from this small brewpub.

Jim Dandy from Red Eye Brewing Company