L'Porter Western

Notes:
Reviews by flipper2gv:
flipper2gv from Canada

2.64/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

7.8% ABV

A: After I let this one exude all its gasses from the brett, it poured a dark brown color with a tan colored head. The head looks particularly creamy for a brett kind of beer. Retention is meh but lacing is pretty good.

S: I get a lot of banana bread out of this porter. Looks of very ripe bananas, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg as well as brown sugar and bready malts. There is a little smoke, leather and dark chocolate.

T: You get a little acidity (but a lot for a "porter") from the brett and that shows with a under infused coffee like flavor mixed with green bananas. A lot more smoke, leather and dark chocolate than in the smell. The spices are still present, which definitely comes from a belgian yeast strain.

M: First sub 2 I give in mouthfeel. Extremely light, watery and quite carbonated without being fluffly. A little bit sticky. Biggest problem is that it absolutely does not fit the flavor notes and is therefore about the worst mouthfeel I can imagine for the beer. Only worse possible thing would be 0 carbonation and as watery.

O: This is a poor beer. It's been a long time since I've bought a beer this bad. Usually, I'm more careful about what I buy, but I won't buy this one ever again for sure.

Dec 15, 2019