British à L’Érable | À La Fût

Added by Phyl21ca on 04-29-2013

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

2.04/5  rDev -25.5%

Bottle: Poured a bright copper color ale with a medium foamy head with good retention and not much lacing. Aroma of grainy notes with weird maple notes which really don’t work well together. Taste is also an unpleasant mix of weird maple notes with some grainy notes and some off maple flavours. Body is light with good carbonation. This one ended up as a drain pour for me.

1.75/5  rDev -36.1%

3.37/5  rDev +23%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Note: I had it a few years ago and I really didn't like it, rated it 2.75/5 overall, let's give it another chance.

Nice dark red color with a beautiful off-white head.

Smells of malts, nut, some maple syrup but there's also a metallic smell.

Definitely tastes better than what I remembered. Nice malty and nutty flavors at the beginning with a wave of maple syrup covering the mouth after that. One bad thing about maple beer is that it's more often than not really too sweet and not really balanced, well this one is not that bad for that.

I don't really like the mouth feel though, I would prefer if there was more carbonation.

So I wouldn't really recommend this beer but I have to admit that it's better than what I remembered.

British à L’Érable from À La Fût