Ned's Flanders | Right Brain Brewery

rightbrainbrewery.com

Style: Flanders Oud Bruin

Added by zoso1967 on 01-12-2011

3.43/5  rDev 0%

Ned's Flanders is served up a red tinged amber color with a parchment head that has decent staying power. The lacing is not great, but this glass is pretty scratched up on the inside and I wonder if that is affecting it at all.

The aroma is fairly understated. It is slightly sour with a bit of caramel malt. It also has a citrus tinge to it and a good amount of spicy Belgian yeast.

The flavor is not as sour as I would have hoped for, but it has a nice round malt character, some herbal hops and also a bit of orange peel. The spice from the nose is pretty hard to detect and I would have to say this drinks a lot like a red with some sour mixed it.

The body is on the lighter side of medium with a pretty neutral finish. It has a bit of tacky tartness on the end that keeps my palate nice and fresh.

This is a very drinkable beer that goes down easily. Given the name I was hoping for something a bit more sour, but perhaps TC is not ready for that right now.

Ned's Flanders from Right Brain Brewery