Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Love Belgian Beer?

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Sol | McCann's Food & Brew

YOUR RATING = None |
Awaiting 10 Reviews

McCann's Food & Brew
Minnesota, United States

Style: Witbier

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by ZAP on 07-14-2009

3.8

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.8/5  rDev n/a

I don't know much about this beer..here is the description from the brewer.

"Sol....Meaning "sun" in Spanish this beer celebrates the summer season with it's thirst quenching properties. This unfiltered American ale is a beautiful golden color with a dash of exotic coriander to contribute a citrusy zest to it's flavor. Served with a slice of orange to top off this refreshing brew"

I have been told from the brewer this is a golden ale/whit hybrid....and it does include some wheat malt..to me it tasted like a sweet whit...coriander was definitely evident even if it was just a "dash". I enjoyed this beer a couple of times while I was in St. Cloud last week. $1 pints for happy hour is awesome and I had my fair share of this...

Like I said it drinks like a sweeter whit...pissed me off when it arrived with an orange on the side of the glass..(actually it didn't really piss me off I just took it off)...this beer stands alone fine with the garnishment...

Good summer drinker...reminds me of their raspberry beer from last summer without the raspberry....whatever the case this is better than a lot of the summer beers I have had this year...

Sol from McCann's Food & Brew
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.