Toccadibò Zymatore | Birrificio Barley

barley.it

Style: American Wild Ale

Added by oline73 on 11-12-2012

4.12/5  rDev +1.7%

I had this on-tap at Max's during Baltimore Beer Week. Served in a sample glass.

Appearance: The beer pours a cloudy reddish amber color with a ring of creamy off white head.

Smell: I'm getting a lot of vinegar and red berry sour notes, nice dark sour smell. I'm getting some sweet malt underneath the sourness with some wine barrel notes.

Taste: Lots of vinegar right off the bat. I'm getting some tart red berries behind that. The overall flavor is very tart. There is a good amount of malt sweetness behind the sour notes. The tartness carries through the finish.

Mouthfeel: The body is just on the syrupy side of medium with tingly carbonation and a dry finish.

Overall: This was a very nice surprise. I had never heard of this one before, but I'm quite glad I decided to try it. It was definitely sour, but the balance that the sweetness added made the taste very good. I'd have it again if I get the chance.

3.75/5  rDev -7.4%