The Astounding She-Monster Mango I.P.A. | Spring House Brewing Company

The Astounding She-Monster Mango I.P.A.The Astounding She-Monster Mango I.P.A.
3.79/5
Very Good
The Astounding She-Monster Mango I.P.A.The Astounding She-Monster Mango I.P.A.

Spring House Brewing Company
Pennsylvania, United States
springhousebeer.com

Style: American IPA

Our juiciest beer features ripe mango and tropical hop aroma on the nose followed by a mild bitterness from the Citra and Falconer's Flight hops and some alcohol warmth to balance out the sweetness of the fresh mango.

Added by Kegatron on 03-28-2011

4.15/5  rDev +9.5%

3.84/5  rDev +1.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.96/5  rDev +4.5%

3.49/5  rDev -7.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

4.06/5  rDev +7.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Spring House B.C. just recently began CANning this cute little monster & when I had an extra CAN or two of something else in trade, this was offered in return!

From the CAN: "Ale Brewed With Mango". A Rexam CAN, no less!

I Crack!ed her open and turned her upside down for the Glug. Lots of wailing & screaming aCANpanied by the rising of three fingers of dense, rocky, tawny head with good retention. Once she settled down, I had enough sticky lacing to hold me over until my next beerthday. Color was an oh-so-slightly-hazy Amber (SRM = > 7, < 9), suggesting that her lair may not have its own filtration system. It pains me to report this, but I have been working with Doctor Who & Torchwood in an effort to deflect their attention away from me. You see, repeated forays into the CANned Minhas world have turned me into The Cyberleader, but I only change form when drinking a Minhas Craft Brewery beer so that I am undetectable in the interim. I am strengthening my guise by reporting all other monsters as I come in CANtact with them. A final shake of the CAN released a load of lees that had been in hiding. I would suggest that if clarity is your goal, deCANt this Monster slowly. Nose smelled heavily of mango, like She was wearing it as perfume. Mmmm. Astounding! Mouthfeel was medium-to-full, but prickly with a good bit of carbonation and a tad of fusel alcohol warmth on the tongue. She was clearly not going to be CANsumed without putting up a modicum of resistance. It is of no matter to me. She will be CANverted like so many others! Her finish was smooth, bitter as befits those who resist, but satisfying. I will be gathering these Monsters as quickly & as copiously as I CAN, lest any escape!

3.75/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Bomber poured into a snifter.

3.25 A: Murky dark orange color. Two fingers of frothy beige-ish head. Retention is about average and one finger of spotty lacing is left.

3.75 S: Lots of mango and cantaloupe to start. Papaya underneath. The hops also give a pleasant sugariness. Bready malts and yeast. Mainly clean, but a bit of a vegetal component in there as well. Still, overall it's pretty good.

3.75 T: Mild-moderate bitterness. Again sugary hops and plenty of mango, papaya, and cantaloupe. I'm not picking up the off-flavors in the taste, so good there. Booze is well hidden and malts are bready and biscuity.

4.0 M: Medium body. Good moderate carbonation. Active spritziness to it with a mild creaminess.

3.75 D: Pretty good beer, but it seems pretty hard to not make a good beer with citra.

3.84/5  rDev +1.3%

3.99/5  rDev +5.3%

4.15/5  rDev +9.5%

Overall a nice well balanced IPA, Smooth and drinkable. The mango doesn't really show up until the beer warms a bit around second pour from bottle (22oz). When it does it is very good, delicious and very complimentary to base malts and hops. Nice beer. Spring House continues to make good tasting and interesting beers. Will have again if opportunity arises.

3.58/5  rDev -5.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.45/5  rDev -9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.26/5  rDev -14%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

3.88/5  rDev +2.4%

3.5/5  rDev -7.7%

3.24/5  rDev -14.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.6/5  rDev -5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.46/5  rDev -8.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.67/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.33/5  rDev +14.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

3.62/5  rDev -4.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.07/5  rDev +7.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

4.16/5  rDev +9.8%

One of the best PA IPA products that I've had to date. They are now dating their bottles with a bottling date.

The Astounding She-Monster Mango I.P.A. from Spring House Brewing Company